Honored Contributor

What are the chances that I'd tune in just as the L&L was being presented?!

I was home only long enough this morning to peek at ITKWD, just when the rectangular L&L set was being presented.  I baked a 9x13 coffee cake last night and wouldn't you know, the set includes a 9x13 piece!

I  couldn't resist, but I'm going to give away a few more of my round pieces - the rectangulars are so much more space efficient in my fridge and pantry.

Here's the set if you missed it...

I chose the pearl.

k44611.jpeg

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

Re: What are the chances that I'd tune in just as the L&L was being presented?!

The set is nice. But, have so much L&L already. To get the 9x13 to purchase separetly would be nice. Hope someone sees this blog. Hint hint

Honored Contributor

@De Anna

That would be nice.

I wish they sold more of them separately.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

The only negative I see with that larger one, as far as using it for a cake carrier is that I wish they didn't put a handle on the seal.    With that, you don't have a flat surface for the cake to sit on well.   

I noticed in the presentation that she used a store cake that had a piece of cardboard under it and it just kind of perched on the inset part of the seal rather tenuously.

I guess you could just shove the cake down over the bump but that would destroy quite a bit of it, when cutting.

Do people really want handles with a lot of these pieces?   I notice them more and more and 1) it just takes away from the versatility; and 2) I can't see feeling comfortable carrying one, with food in it, by the handle.

Respected Contributor

I agree about the handles.

I think they're sold as a set because with shipping just the larger containers would likely not be that much cheaper. Have you priced Lock & Lock at retail? Just the 9x13 would like be close to $20.
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt

Funny you should say that about the handle - I reviewed the video last night and canceled the order.  I would never carry a cake that size by a handle, anyway.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: What are the chances that I'd tune in just as the L&L was being presented?

I grabbed this one in Sangria. It matches the two 9 x 13s I already have (sold as a set a while back). My husband saw the set and wanted the 9 x 13 for himself (because I wouldn't let him have either of the ones I have -- they get too much use). So he gets his 9 x 13 and I get more storage for the kitchen. Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I thought it was a nice set but I'm overloaded with L&L now.    I wish I had more with handles myself.   I use those when I travel for my toiletries.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*