Frequent Contributor

Re: What a problem trying to get an LG fridge repaired

Thought I would share my LG washing machine experience for LG owners or those thinking about this brand. 

I really like my washer and dryer, but the pump went out on my washing machine. I called every appliance repair service in my area, since the washer was well out of warranty.  Nobody wanted to work on it. Had a handyman doing other work at my house, who happened to own LG appliances and mentioned he worked on his own.  He diagnosed the pump problem and said he could put a new pump on, but that the part would cost nearly the same as purchasing a new washer.

I was resigned to having to buy a new washer, until I thought I would look online to get a more exact price for the pump. Found one at an appliance parts "warehouse" and ended up getting my washer repaired, part and labor by the handyman, for less than $200. I considered myself to be very lucky.

All this to say, while LG makes a good product, it isn't the easiest brand to get serviced.

Respected Contributor

we must be lucky in ri. i have never had an issue  getting a maytag or whirlpool fixed and the guy that comes to fix them is thru our service contract and he fixes all different brands.  viva923 what state are you in?  our guy comes from mass .

Honored Contributor

Lowes has to - by law - honor the warranty they sold you with the fridge and the dryer.