Respected Contributor

Re: What Was Your First Experience With A Microwave?

like more than 30 years ago stop and shop was running  raffle for a new microwave so i submitted alot of entrys in our name my aunt and grandmothers name so one day my aunt called and said stop and shop called her that she won a microwave oven and the thought it wasnt real. i said yes its real. i submitted entrees in your name to. so after she got it she hated it so she gave it to my mom. and we all have had a microwave oven except for my aunt and ny grandmother and anna dont have them.

Contributor

My MIL had the first one I'd ever seen, an Amana Radar Range, back in the early 70s. It had a defrost feature which, for the life of me, I could not figure out why it would ever need to be defrosted (like a freezer) if it was used to heat foods!....
Honored Contributor

My husband won a sales contest in the late 1980's. He won a Sony TV, a Weber grill and a Tappan microwave. We still use the Tappan microwave everyday. Generallly to heat up things. 

Never tried the browning cycle that is came with. I have no interest in cooking meat in a microwave.

The microwave has served us well for about 30 years.