Respected Contributor

Re: What Was Your Favorite Meal As A Child?

All of from my Mom.

Respected Contributor

On our birthdays, Mom fixed us our favorite foods for dinner.

It was the ‘60’s, and no joke, mine was “Don the Beachcombers” Polynesian  style macadamia-nut crusted fried sweet and sour chicken!!!!!?? And she made it for me every year!!!!

It was probably easier than my brothers favorite, sauerbraten with ginger snap gravy and potato pancakes, cause that had to marinate for 3 days!!!

Esteemed Contributor

It wasn't a meal, but when I had a weekend with my grandmother, we'd soak the large tapioca overnight and then I'd "help" her make tapioca pudding the next morning. One of my most favorite memories of grandmother. My mother used to make me "milk noodles" when I was sick with tonsilitis or a cold....noodles, milk and lots of butter. Total comfort food for a sick little girl!

Respected Contributor

Spaghetti amd meat balls.

Honored Contributor

I loved French toast.

Honored Contributor

Spaghetti that my grandma made. I never got tired of it. She also made homemade bread that was so good.

Respected Contributor

Until my age was in 2 digits I grew up on a farm . I had a choice of wonderful fresh vegetables in the summer and my mother canned and froze them for wintertime prepared by a good cook --Mom . But were those my favorite ? noSmiley Happy my favorite was a treat from our local 'Dog N Suds' drive in. A Coney dog and frosty mug of root beer !

Honored Contributor

This was almost my 1st choice.  It was between this and my beef and noodles.  I think the beef roast won out because I had a roast in the pressure cooker and the smell was wafting through the house!  I love, love, love meatloaf.  Not eating as much red meat since my heart attacks..... but boy, when I do, I savor every bite of it!  It  has to have ketchup on top of it, too.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

This was almost my 1st choice.  It was between this and my beef and noodles.  I think the beef roast won out because I had a roast in the pressure cooker and the smell was wafting through the house!  I love, love, love meatloaf.  Not eating as much red meat since my heart attacks..... but boy, when I do, I savor every bite of it!  It  has to have ketchup on top of it, too.

Ketchup on pot roast is still one of my guilty pleasures! LOL!

Respected Contributor

Corned beef & cabbage!  Still my fav.