Honored Contributor

What Vegies Do You (Or He) Love and the Other Doesn't Like?????

[ Edited ]

Ahhhh!  The vegie wars!  Trying to get someone to "eat what's good for them"!!!!!!!

DH loves saurkruat, and I can't do tart or sour!  I love anything steamed (even okra) which I don't cut before eating, LOL!!!

With a background that included nutrition, I know you need green vegies each and every day.  It's a constant issue of hiding something under cheese!Smiley Happy

Contributor

Re: What Vegies Do You (Or He) Love and the Other Doesn't Like?????

Neither one of us like cucumbers, peppers, onion. I don't like raw tomato & he does. I love field peas & okra, & cooked kale & he does not.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I pretty much love all veggies......WAIT......I don't like peppers ....my husband won't eat asparagus or peas!!

Esteemed Contributor

My husband has turned into George Bush, the first.  After years of me serving broccoli, he has suddenly stated he doesn't like broccoli, has never liked it and is not eating it anymore, lol.  Who knew?  He always ate it lol. I said well, you could have saved yourself this torture by confessing you didn't like it years ago, lol. I never make it now, except just for me.

I like most vegetables except mushrooms, technically not a vegetable, but I hate them.  I can't even look at them.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My husband ate anything that wasn't moving.   I am more picky.......No brains, no organs......nothing "strange" like goat.    We both ate any kind of veggies that weren't poisonous.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

He likes tomatoes, squash, zucchini, okra and I don’t. We like most others. He likes cooked carrots and I don’t.

Honored Contributor

@BeckiWVwrote:

My husband has turned into George Bush, the first.  After years of me serving broccoli, he has suddenly stated he doesn't like broccoli, has never liked it and is not eating it anymore, lol.  Who knew?  He always ate it lol. I said well, you could have saved yourself this torture by confessing you didn't like it years ago, lol. I never make it now, except just for me.

I like most vegetables except mushrooms, technically not a vegetable, but I hate them.  I can't even look at them.  Smiley Happy

I forgot the mushrooms. Neither of us want them to touch our plate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My dog and I pretty much eat the same veggies.  Woman Very Happy

(With the exception, of course, that she doesn't get any of those unsafe for dogs like onion, etc.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I love canned green beans (they're like candy to me).  I will eat them cold!, Spinach (cooked), corn, Love cooked broccoli, potatoes, lima beans, quite a few vegetables.

In our family when my girls were young, I cooked dinner at least 3 or 4 times a week.  The main meal was vegetables and maybe some kind of meat, but mainly vegetables.

My girls love vegetables.  Except it's a family joke that my oldest daughter HATES peas and lima beans.  She always called them 'dirt'.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

I love canned green beans (they're like candy to me).  I will eat them cold!, Spinach (cooked), corn, Love cooked broccoli, potatoes, lima beans, quite a few vegetables.

In our family when my girls were young, I cooked dinner at least 3 or 4 times a week.  The main meal was vegetables and maybe some kind of meat, but mainly vegetables.

My girls love vegetables.  Except it's a family joke that my oldest daughter HATES peas and lima beans.  She always called them 'dirt'.

@Annabellethecat66,"Dirt"!!!  That's too funny!!!Smiley Happy