Honored Contributor

Re: What Vegetables Do You Like That DH Doesn't????

My SO will only eat green beans, peas, cabbage and lima beans.  He only likes iceberg lettuce also.  He will only eat zucchini in zucchini bread.  I like broccoli, squash, spinach, asparagus, cucumbers, artichoke and different types of lettuce.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We like and dislike the same. Life is easy.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I LOVE veggies too- except DH can’t eat my favorites... no onions, beans, mushrooms, due to GI issues.  It makes it hard to cook without onion, virtually every recipe includes. Onions... 😥😥😥 

Honored Contributor

Vegetables must not have existed where my husband grew up...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Onions.  He likes most vegetables, and I'm finicky.  I sneak onions in sometimes and mostly he doesn't notice, so I think he likes them; it's some holdover from childhood.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Turnips, brussel sprouts, green beans and creamed onions. 

I was horrified when I found out that they didn't have turnips and creamed onions for Thanksgiving dinner.

Respected Contributor

Sweet potatoes are one. DH will eat sweet potato pie and think it is pumpkin .Smiley Happy  "yum , that is good " He is an eater not a cook.

We both dislike turnips  also okra . Okra because we both had a virus after eating too much fried okra from a good gardening season. Our gluttony coincided with eating it. We have never eaten it again though.

DH's favorite veg is corn. When we dine out and corn is a choice for side dish, I could put $ on that being his order !  I like corn in recipes but not as a single serving.

Honored Contributor

I eat all veggies and I cook all veggies--if he doesn't like them, he doesn't eat them---I don't really care! I don't cater to anyone anymore--if you like it you eat, if not--you go to McDonalds!!

Honored Contributor

As far as my husband is concerned, there is really only ONE vegetable, and that is corn.   There are a few others that are acceptable; beets, carrots, raw cabbage and cauliflower, cucumbers, peas, peppers, potatoes, rhubarb, tomatoes, and yellow squash.   His mother forced him to eat green beans as a child, and he still hasn’t let go of his anger over that.   

I like broccoli, sweet potatoes, turnips, parsnips, zucchini.   

Okra and mushrooms are not allowed here.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  DH and I pretty much love everything. The only thing I can think of is roasted fennel bulbs. He's not a fan but will pick around them.