Honored Contributor

Re: What Vegetables Can You Just Not Stand To Eat?

First thing that comes to mind, is, if it's mushy!! I like most veggies with some crunch, not counting mashed potatoes of course. I don't eat much dark green in veg's.

Honored Contributor

Lima beans and onions!!

Super Contributor

I don't care for beans *yes I know technically legumes, or brussel sprouts as they stink to me. Also Asparagus and slimy okra.

Regular Contributor

Most veggies are an acquired taste, but for the life of me I cannot do anything that is a pea or a bean. Maybe it was the way it was cooked, but black-eyed peas or lima beans are something that make me go elsewhere. I used to hate brussel sprouts until I learned how to prepare them with the right spices to make the flavors pop.

Valued Contributor

On 10/21/2014 gazelle77 said: I love everything BUT cilantro....the scent smells like cat pee....gross!
Hi Gazelle--The cilantro thing is fascinating to me. I think it's one of the best examples of how people actually *taste* (or smell) things differently. I believe I read somewhere that it comes down to a genetic difference in the way something is physically experienced. My DH & I LOVE cilantro; however, we have been with people who hate it, too. I've read that those that detest it frequently experience the taste as "soapy". Seriously, it's all fascinating to me.Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Lima beans and canned peas. One's too dry and one's too mushy.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

Eggplant. I simply do not understand what's so great about eggplant. My MIL served ratatouille one time and invited us for dinner. I couldn't eat it. I tried, really I did. But I couldn't go there. It's simply disgusting stuff.

Trusted Contributor

Same here never did like brussel sprouts till my dd roasted some,total different taste.Yum. Do not think bean are a veggie.
Honored Contributor

I never ate brussel sprouts but had only tasted the frozen ones. However, once I had them fresh - grilled - OMG , what a difference. I am not a fan though of okra. I also don't eat raw onions but cooked onions are fine.

Super Contributor

Turnips have to be masked with other flavors for me to be able to eat them. I once got sick eating Brussel Sprouts, but I still like them. Lima beans aren't my favorite, but I do like the baby lima beans (they are less chalk like). Even though acorn squash is a fruit, I'll list it as my least favorite squash and can't seem to find a way to cook it without it having a bitter like aftertaste. I love snow peas, but not if they have strings so you feel like you've emptied out your hairbrush with your mouth as you're eating. Baby snow peas are better.