Honored Contributor

Re: What Tea Are You Enjoying Now?

@J Town Girl wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

You are all so fancy, I'm drinking my usual Red Rose black tea. I'm so basic ! 😄

You and I think alike.  The only tea that I drink every morning and sometimes in the evening is Constant Comment.   I don't care for herbal tea or green tea.  Just give me a cup of strong black tea and I am happy.   

@J Town Girl  My Ahmed Special Blend is a black tea.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

You are all so fancy, I'm drinking my usual Red Rose black tea. I'm so basic ! 😄

@QVCkitty1 The basics can't be beat!  Ours are any good strong malty Assam OR Yorkshire Gold!  Does red rose have little cute things in it still?????

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@QVCkitty1   No worriesSmiley Happy  I drink bagged tea, too.  I just spoiled myself about fifteen years ago by getting some loose tea, a strainer (now have several) and a two cup steel pot like you see in restaurants, graduated to a full size silverplated tea pot and was hooked.

You have to boil the water anyway and the loose tea is a much better grade than the normal Lipton or Red Rose bagged tea you pick up in the supermarkets.  And the small boxes of higher end bagged 24 to a package, while of higher quality, are so much more expensive than loose tea.

@aroc3435  I have Chatham teapots in two sizes from Upton Tea.  They have mesh filters that fit in them and make great loose tea with easy cleanup.  Some of them are really old!  Like me!  LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite regular tea is Earl Grey. I also love Orange Spice when I need a pick me up, because of the heavenly aroma.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Upton Tea Fujian Black Snail. 
And Harneys Scottish Morn. Both are loose teas.

Trusted Contributor

I have various medical conds: number of autoimmune disease, had a stroke, have premalignant bone marrow cells, high cholesetrol....that's enough, right- you'd think...

so abundant with INFLAMMATION.

I studied what I could do to help with inflammation besides taking Rx's: deep green veges-broccoli, omegas-salmon, olive oil, ( my fav meal and I eat it sometimes everyday is Salmom & broccoli , no carb, but sometimes would add quinoa or faroe)  and  Green tea.

10 years ago I decided I would drink cold, decaf green tea all day long. I strive for at least 64oz, strive...but I do get at least 48oz. If I drink just water I'll barely get 12oz.

I hated green tea, but gave myself 1 month to try every brand I could get my hands on...I bought from grocery stores, tea shops, online specialty, bagged, loose-  tested many brands a day- I had 63 choices. After the month was up the winner was Lipton Decaf Green, nothing added. 

I'm still using Lipton, with the occassional loose. I started out boiling the water, did that for 3 years until I read NIH and Hopkins studies that cold water is better because it retains the highest amount of catechins and epicatechins/ECGC, polyphenols, antiinflammory, etc., I use almost 2 gallon pitcher and place 16 bags and it sits in fridge for a few days until I make another batch.

I also love Earl Grey, it's my fav hot tea.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Super Contributor

I'm recently in love with Harney & Sons Paris flavor and Tower of London flavor.  At night I've been enjoying Bigelow Lavender & Chamomile.  

I also have been enjoying Matcha tea ever since we had it at our state fair over the summer, prepared as Lemonade Iced Matcha.  I'm still trying to perfect the recipe they shared with me, but so far what I'm making is tasty.

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Trusted Contributor

My new favorite evening tea is Twinings Extra Bold English Breakfast tea. Steeped for 3 minutes with a dash of light cream, no sugar.  It's not stronger but it has a very nice distinct flavor.

My go-to morning tea is Thompson's Irish Breakafast Tea. Steeped for 5 or 6 miniutes with a hefty dash of light cream, no sugar.

After lunch I have my one coffee -- a medium Dunkin Donuts iced coffee (any season) with 4 creams, no sugar.

I love these type of threads!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My go to is just a basic everyday tea - Tetley British Blend (purple box and the tea bags have no strings).  If I'm out at a restaurant etc. - I will order any English Breakfast tea available. 

Honored Contributor

I'm a black tea girl.  None of these fancy teas that are pushing my blends off the shelves at the supermarket.  I rotate daily between Darjeeling, English Teatime, and English Breakfast.  For loose tea I like Czar Nicholas, has a nice, distinct flavor, but it's hard to find.  Lasts forever for me because I just don't think to drink it.  A Russian Bride gave a box to me for Christmas one year.