Honored Contributor

Re: What Sweets Do You Make For Christmas?

I retired this year from Christmas baking.  My grandchildren are adults now and I really do not enjoy baking although I love to cook.  I am getting complaints from children, grandchildren, neighbors and friends so it may be a short retirement!

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack

Thanks for the tip...I can use all the kitchen/recipe tips I can get LOL!  I will sprinkle walnuts on top after spreading, before refrigerating.   And will take your advice to try it on a small portion for the first time, just in case!   Thanks again and hope you and yours had a warm and joyous Holiday.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF, sprinkle some chopped pecans on top of the chocolate on those Saltine Treats.....that really makes them yummy.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @AuntG

I was just thinking pecans might be better than walnuts...I like walnuts better than pecans (sacrilege here in the South LOL), plus I have a ton of walnuts to use up!   I'll try both.  Thanks for the tip.    Hope you and yours had a wonderful Holiday!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@NickNack

Thanks for the tip...I can use all the kitchen/recipe tips I can get LOL!  I will sprinkle walnuts on top after spreading, before refrigerating.   And will take your advice to try it on a small portion for the first time, just in case!   Thanks again and hope you and yours had a warm and joyous Holiday.

@MacDUFF  Let me know how they turn out.  I think you'll love them!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

NickNack, Thank-You for the recipe. So very nice of you. I really Appreciate You. Sounds so easy and Delicious to boot.Merry Christmas and Prayers to You for a very Happy, Safe, And Healthy New Year !!!!!

Honored Contributor

This year I made fewer treats than usual but still, had a lot.
Peanut clusters
Chocolate fudge w/pecans
White chocolate fudge w/dried cranberries and pistachios
Chocolate chip cookies
Peanut butter cookies
Snickerdoodles
Mexican wedding cookies

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

304B63D1-C308-4BB9-9E2D-7558ABE71B57.jpegHere are some of this years platters..As I get older, I HAVE cut back a bit..I still do it all myself, which is tough, since I work a 50+ hour week..But every year I think I won:t...but then I just have to....