Honored Contributor

Re: What Sandwich Says "SUMMER" To You?

Oh my I have not had lunch or even breakfast yet today, you guys need to hush about the lobster rolls and bread.  Or I need to quit reading grab something quick!!  Bread is the best part of any sandwich for sure.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 

Ina spoke of lobster rolls and how delicious they were and then she said she tried on from CT (I think!) where the bun got toasted and she said there was no going back for her.  They looked wonderful.  

DH grew up in Baltimore and has taken me there as well as many other area on the east coast.  There is no substitute for fresh seafood.  Red Lobster is kind of the starting point for many of us in the MidWest.  Our DD's  love sushi but I keep telling them there is no such thing as fresh seafood in the midwest-it is always at least a day old.  Wish they didn't chance it here but not much I can do.   If you get to one of those places for a fresh lobster roll-eat a bite for me!

Respected Contributor

Peanut butter and sweet pickles- sounds weird but my dad got me hooked1 we did peanut butter and dill pickles too!

He got me hooked on Durkees too..not on peanut butter htough!

Honored Contributor

A homegrown tomato sandwich!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  Thanks for posting this question! LOVE reading the replies! I'm with the BLT crowd. However, I like I like to use my homegrown romaine lettuce along with the beefsteak tomatoes and bacon. Also, I like rye bread, but my DH not so much. Also, for those of us on the east coast, there is the spectacular soft shell crab sandwich! Another favorite of mine.

Respected Contributor

I like my hamburg with lettuce, tomato, and miracle whip.

Honored Contributor

Plain crabcake on Saltines with a little bit of mayonnaise! YUM!  Heart

Respected Contributor

I love ring baloney and onions. But for some odd reason no one in this area sells ring baloey. Only the pickled kind in a jar. Yuck !!Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

i agree with you. thats what i was going to say allso. last time we had lobster was last august.

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

I read through these and notice a common denominator in many of the posts -

White Bread!

I can't tell you the last time I bought white bread...

@Shogirl I've had the other for sooooo long, I don't know if I could eat it now.  Isn't that odd considering it was a common thing when we were children?