Valued Contributor

Re: What Sandwich Says "SUMMER" To You?

[ Edited ]

I'll have to go through this entire thread and write down ideas. I hate hot food in summer. Prefer salads and sandwiches. Thanks, everyone.

Trusted Contributor

The first idea that came to mind, is a chicken salad sandwich with homemade filling.  Of course the homemade filling takes quite a bit of time, but it is so worth it.  This is a favorite of mine to serve at a tea party, with other tea party type foods.  So the sandwiches have to be cut diagonally in quarters and have the crusts cut off and it has to be really good bread too!  Then it is even better to set a pretty table outside.  Summer fun!

Esteemed Contributor

Fresh Strawberry 🍓 and peanut 🥜 butter. Yum yum

Respected Contributor

What says summer to me sandwich wise is either hot dogs or hamburgers done on the outside grill.  Not something I eat much of, but they both remind me most of summer.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

BLT's with home grown tomatoes or burgers on the grill. 

Occasional Contributor

Hi Tiny2,

BLTs are a summer sandwich I have loved since a kid!  

Respected Contributor

@lilmissy wrote:

Hi Tiny2,

BLTs are a summer sandwich I have loved since a kid!  

@lilmissy, Oh My Goodness,What a happy surprise to see youHeart. It has been so long. How are you doing? My mom passed in December and on the day of her funeral my husbands MD. started hospice for him. We are so grateful for every day we have and try to take full advantage when there are good ones.It has lifted my heart to see you here.Heart