Respected Contributor

Re: What Sandwich Says "SUMMER" To You?

@ECBG wrote:

Summer to me is "vegetable heaven"!  

I love cucumber sandwithes, tomato sandwiches, or cucumber with tomato sandwiches.Smiley Happy

My favorite is Peanut butter with sliced cucumbers, a little salt, the best .

Honored Contributor

Tomato, mayo, salt and pepper on white, please!

Esteemed Contributor

BLT made with just-picked tomato from the garden.

Honored Contributor

Obviously, a BLT. Then there is all the grilled food foods on buns but I don't consider them sandwiches.

Trusted Contributor

At home it is cold tomato slices on lightly toasted bread, with a little mayo, a little Durkees mustard, and sometimes a leaf of cold crisp iceberg lettuce.  Yummmmmm!  If I am eating out - a BLT says summer to me.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

@ECBG   Lobster roll drenched in real butter on an extra long split New England frankfurter bun that has been lightly toasted.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435   And where do you find that in your area?

Respected Contributor

@ZhillsIt's not that hard to make it yourself. I can usually find frozen canned lobster meat if not the real bug.  Expensive yes. Hard no.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zhills   Here in Washington there is a place--Luke's-- in  the Georgetown section of DC that has them--a small one is $17.00 and a jumbo is $23.00.

When I lived in southern CT you could get a good one at almost any seafood place--Lenny's in Branford, Lenny and Joe's Fish Tale, three locations, with one in Madison, Stowe's in West Haven.  Plus a lot of the summer fairs like the annual Milford Oyster Festival each August, would have local booths featuring good lobster rolls with the money raised going to the charity sponsored by that particular booth, such as the Lions Club.

When I go back to visit CT this summer I'll make a bee line to one of these places as soon as I get there to order one!

Trusted Contributor

An English Cheddar, cucumber and vidalia onion sandwich with a light slathering of butter. Yum!