Honored Contributor

Re: What Sandwich Says "SUMMER" To You?

Honestly, it would just be the simple bologna with mustard on white bread.  Standard every day lunch back growing up during summer vacations.  Run in the kitchen grab it and back to playing.   Shocked now at some of our menu choices back in the dark ages.  Now grilled chicken or chicken salad.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

Two pieces of toasted and buttered white bread with thick slices of lightly salted home grown tomatoes. Best thing ever! 

Esteemed Contributor

I love an outdoor grilled burger.  I eat mine sans cheese or condiments.  Nothing for me but the burger and a fresh baked flavorful bun. Another summer tradition for me is once per season on a very hot day, and only if I'm at a baseball game, I will have a hot dog and a beer.  Strange thing about this is that will be the only beer I drink and only hot dog I eat until the opportunity rolls around again in the following summer.   

Respected Contributor

BLTs!

Honored Contributor

Grilled Burgers or Hot Dogs of course Smiley Happy

Tomato sandwich with Mayo

BLT with Mayo

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

My first thought was a simple sandwich my mom made me when I was young - white bread slathered in Miracle Whip, and cucumber slices with salt and pepper.  Talk about yummy!

Trusted Contributor

I read through these and notice a common denominator in many of the posts -

White Bread!

I can't tell you the last time I bought white bread...

Honored Contributor

For me it's a plain old bologna sandwich with fresh mozzarella cheese and tomatoes on a ciabatta roll.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since it’s summer most of the year here I would say burger. We can grill them 12 months a year.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nothing says summer to me like burgers on the grill.  I also thought of a BLT although I'm not all that fond of them.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown