Honored Contributor

What Kitchen Item Would You Buy Prime Day If You Didn't Already Have One!

Just for fun and ideas for others, if you didn't have one, what would you be looking for on Prime Day?

I would have to say a Zojirushi rice cooker!  I love mine and we use it all the time for rice, quinoa or steel cut oatmeal.  

So what would you want to look for?  

Respected Contributor

Re: What Kitchen Item Would You Buy Prime Day If You Didn't Already Have One!

@Sooner   I have a REALLY large array of all things kitchen BUT I keep flirting with the idea of getting a breadmaker but so far I have talked myself out of it.

My Significant Other does bread and pizza dough from scratch, by hand.  We both love to cook but he actually worked in a bakery and other food venues in the long ago times as a young man.  

Since retiring I am still perfecting my cake decorating skills and making puff pastry.

Have been thinking about getting the optional drawers to install in my commercial kitchen grade 5 foot long stainless steel table.  That would be much more practical but I doubt there would be a discount on Prime Days but I will check.

We eat rice a lot but I have no difficulty making any variety of rice, in any quantity, on my stovetop so have talked myself out of the alluring Zojirushi ric cooker many times, tempting though it is.

Fun question you raised here.  It will be interesting to see what others are longing to add to their kitchen.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Just for fun and ideas for others, if you didn't have one, what would you be looking for on Prime Day?

I would have to say a Zojirushi rice cooker!  I love mine and we use it all the time for rice, quinoa or steel cut oatmeal.  

Actually nothing 

pother than someone to plan my meals for me and cook them 

after being married this long the loom is off the rose 

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 We have had breakmakers since 1992, and the Zo's are the best.   The little one pound ones are great, and the newer (more expensive one f course) makes wonderful whole wheat bread.  We use it often for breads and pizza crusts.

The rice cookers are great and we have an old old one (the white egg shaped Fuzzy Logic one) from many years ago that is still cooking!

We upgraded to one that has jasmine rice settings because we use that a lot, and we have a small one that is a 3 cup size that came out and wasn't too expensive that also makes steel cut oats.  We use them very often.  Both of the big ones are the Zojirushi brand that make 5 cups, not their bigger 10 cup ones.   I highly recommend them and some also do cakes and steam, or slow cook now.

The rice cookers all do make great rice and keep it warm, which was the allure for the first one.  We worked and did lots of stir fry meals at night so the rice didn't have to be monitored or done on time.

Most of my upgraded appliances do things that will either be done on time or warm hold or make tea and not oversteep it!

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Actually nothing 

@jackthebear If you find a cook, butler, or personal assistant with good ratings and ON SALE please notify me ASAP!  THANKS!!!!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Actually nothing 

@jackthebear If you find a cook, butler, or personal assistant with good ratings and ON SALE please notify me ASAP!  THANKS!!!!! Woman Very Happy

You first!!

Honored Contributor

Air Fryer, Ninja Foodi Grill or a breadmaker.  I don't like to cook.  I'd rather spend my days in the garden until it gets too hot, like today.  I like the idea of pizza dough in the breadmaker, but I'm not even sure I would bother for 2 reasons: 1.  Publix sells fresh pizza dough, and 2.  All the small amounts of different toppings I would either have to cut up or cook for just one pizza.  I like a lot of stuff on my pizza.

Honored Contributor

Counter top ice maker.

Esteemed Contributor

Mini food processor or a really good food thermometer ( the one they use on America's Test Kitchen)

Esteemed Contributor

Ninja Foodi Grill XL

I'd buy the XL  we have the regular size  it works for us but I'd like the XL size