Trusted Contributor

Re: What Kitchen Item Would You Buy Prime Day If You Didn't Already Have One!

[ Edited ]

When I got my Ninja XL, I gave my 5-in-1 to a friend and I have deeply regretted it ever since. I do like the XL, but I really liked the 5-in-1 because it's so much deeper. It was easier to do whole chickens, turkey breasts, etc than it is in the XL.

If I could find the 5-in-1 for a good price, I would buy it. And use both of them. They each have good qualities and make it worthwhile for me to have both.

A friend found one at a thrift store for $30. She's going to try it and, if she doesn't like it, I will buy it from her. I feel badly because I don't want her to like it!

Honored Contributor

@PamelaSue72 wrote:

When I got my Ninja XL, I gave my 5-in-1 to a friend and I have deeply regretted it ever since. I do like the XL, but I really liked the 5-in-1 because it's so much deeper. It was easier to do whole chickens, turkey breasts, etc than it is in the XL.

If I could find the 5-in-1 for a good price, I would buy it. And use both of them. They each have good qualities and make it worthwhile for me to have both.

A friend found one at a thrift store for $30. She's going to try it and, if she doesn't like it, I will buy it from her. I feel badly because I don't want her to like it!

@PamelaSue72 You made me laugh!  

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Mini food processor or a really good food thermometer ( the one they use on America's Test Kitchen)

@qbetzforreal Just got a notice they are $69 on thermoworks site today--and I don't know if that is a good price or not, but wanted to pass it along!  

Super Contributor

Can someone explain what Prime Day is?  I've never been a Prime member, so I would guess that it's a special day where members get merchandise discounts?

If so, I would buy a Cuisinart food processor. 😁

Super Contributor

Desert Lily, agreed. The Breville = best purchase ever!! Haven’t used my oven for at least two years.
Honored Contributor

@Northern Belle 2 wrote:

Can someone explain what Prime Day is?  I've never been a Prime member, so I would guess that it's a special day where members get merchandise discounts?

If so, I would buy a Cuisinart food processor. 😁

@Northern Belle 2 I still like the simple one, old style squared off, simple, sturdy, easy to use. 

Honored Contributor

Dash egg cooker

Thermo Pro ol ,meat thermometer 

Joseph Joseph strainer/colander slotted spoon

Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

I bought a new digital kitchen scale. This one is accurate to 0.1 grams while my old one is only accurate to 2 grams. It was marked down to $12, so that was a good deal. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I ordered a spoon rest.  Sorry to bore you.Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Bought a sous vide cooker.