Honored Contributor

Re: What Items Do You Buy By The Store Brand?

Wegmans store brand goods are generally very good; I don't hesitate to buy them. Furthermore, they're very reasonably priced.  For example: paper towels, frozen vegetables, salty snacks, baking needs, and dairy.  Their hummus wasn't as good as brand name, however, and Customer Service apologized and reimbursed me via coupon.

Esteemed Contributor

Very seldom do I buy store brands. I prefer the name brands.

Honored Contributor

The store where I do most of my shopping, has excellent frozen vegetables, otherwise I stick to name brands. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I will always at least try the store brand (if it's not up to snuff, I don't hesitate to switch).  When all is said and done, frequently the store brand is just fine (as previous poster stated, sometimes they are manufactured in same factory as national brand.  Milk is milk, and that is true of many products!

Honored Contributor

Many times the store brand of USDA Organic for food and as much as possible the store brand for *natural* such as coffee filters, tissues, dish liquid, laundry detergent, hand wash, parchment paper, etc.(no bleach/dyes/perfumes, plant based)

Probably 95% of what is sold under brand name isn't something I would buy.

Honored Contributor

I will buy Kroger or IGA brands of mustard, canned tomatoes, evaporated milk, cream of chicken soup, refried beans, canned or boxed broth, oyster crackers, jello or pudding, real butter, cream cheese, whipped topping, chunk cheese, sour cream, cereals like corn flakes, mini wheats or puffed rice, and any type of sugar.   

We are totally brand specific with Hellmans mayo, Heinz ketchup, HV ranch dressing, Luzianne tea and ice cream must be Pet or Breyers.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anything Trader Joe’s 😀. Of course I think most of their products are their own brand. 

Esteemed Contributor

I frequently buy store brands on many items from both Costco (kirklands) and Sams Club (members mark). They're typically very good quality on most everything.

Esteemed Contributor

Usually, I do not get the store brand. I am sitting here trying to think, I just usually get name brand stuff. I tried the wal mart brand neutrogena eye make up remover and do NOT waste your money on that.

I do try to stock up when name brand stuff goes on sale to save money. 

Respected Contributor

I rarely buy a store brand, as I prefer name brand.  

I've read people say store brands are made by the same companies as brand name.  They might be, but missing something, because they don't taste/perform the same.