Trusted Contributor

Re: What Is your favorite kitchen gadget?

My old Pyrex ten-cup glass measuring bowl. I use it many times a week.

Love my microplane

I have a really nice set of strainers that I use a lot through out the week.

A small funnel. I like to make my own salad dressings and I like to serve them in pretty glass bottles. I use the funnel several times a week to pour the dressing into a bottle.

Super Contributor

wagirl, I use my Vitamix everyday.  It is the most amazing "gadget" in my kitchen as it can do almoat anything!

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Super Contributor

Chessylady, you have inspired me to buy the garlic peeler and lemon juicer but at your recommendation I will purchase these two items.  Have been on the fence about them for years and peeling garlic and sqeezing lemons the old fashioned way.  I think I will enjoy them.  Thanks.

Super Contributor

decic, I think you will find the Primal Kitchen bread lame superior to the item you are using,  If I were savvy I would put a picture of it here for you.  I have ordered my bread baking supplies from King Arthur flour at the website.

Super Contributor

Re: favorite kitchen gadgets

RuthieRoo, I still have one of these!  Have had for at least 20 years and it still works!

Valued Contributor

After reading so many posts about the Fasta Pasta,  I remembered my mostly unused Pasta Boat.  It is basically the same as the Fasta Pasta.  I used it a few times and liked it but it just got pushed to the back of the cabinet and ignored.  I got it out last night and made great spaghetti in the microwave.  I love how there is no huge pot to clean and the pasta turned out just perfect.  Thanks for the reminder.  I think I'll use it later to make potatoes.

Respected Contributor

@asoutherngirl wrote:

decic, I think you will find the Primal Kitchen bread lame superior to the item you are using,  If I were savvy I would put a picture of it here for you.  I have ordered my bread baking supplies from King Arthur flour at the website.

That is pretty.   I may break down and go for it.  Thanks.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Occasional Contributor

I have the original Nicer Dicer too and could not live without it.   Anything that made my knife cuts look good after arm surgery is great in my book.