Honored Contributor

Re: What Is your favorite kitchen gadget?

French rolling pin

granite block to roll out doughs on

Valued Contributor

I have many favorites but we use our toaster oven several times a day.  It is indispensable and I love it !!  Also love my food that way.

Respected Contributor

I love that little round chopper and my daughter does too. I just might buy a back up in case the I have ever breaks. It takes up so little space too. One of my better purchases and it was cheap.

Respected Contributor

Just thought of another one, it's a knife sharpener my mother gave me from the Q. It's called the Kleva Sharp. It's round and a little larger than a silver dollar. Has suction on the bottom so it sticks to your counter and does an awesome job sharpening all my knives. I also love my Kitchen Aid 9 speed hand mixer. I hardly use my large one anymore.

Honored Contributor

@3cupcakes wrote:

@Berlybaby wrote:

Thank you for telling me about fasta pasta. Checked it out and ordered one. I never heard of it before but it looks amazing.

@Berlybaby Hope you will enjoy it too. It's a really convenient gadget.

The one thing we found out the hard way is to remember  to take the COVER OFF before putting it in the microwave or you'll have a big mess because it will overflow.  🙁

Oh my goodness @3cupcakes I just spit my coffee out as I did the exact same thing the first time I used it! . . . I didn't bother reading the directions (clearly) and boy did I pay for that in clean up time but the pasta still came out rather well . . . tee hee!

Valued Contributor

@marky wrote:

I have many favorites but we use our toaster oven several times a day.  It is indispensable and I love it !!  Also love my food that way.

I don't know what happened to my post.  I meant to say I also love my Foodsaver with the canister attachment.  I use a lot of Mason jars to keep things fresh in the jars such as spices that I don't use much--just put the spice jar into a jelly jar and then use the canister feature on the foodsaver.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

favorite manual gadget has to be the little silicone tube that you roll garlic pieces in and it is peeled. It rinses out easily  and garlic is ready to be prepared. It has a little vented case to store it in. I do not know the brand but I purchased it at amazon for under $10.

My favorite 'plug in ' one would have to be the MCM egg cooker. It is so much handier to use and clean than stove top for the singular egg lover (me) of the family.

Valued Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

OXO tongs - I use these a lot and it is usually for cooking. I sautee food with the handy dandy all purpose gadget. Love love love.

OXO makes a LOT of great kitchen gadgets/tools.   Probably a whole bunch of my favorite kitchen gadgets are OXO brand.   Always great quality and each tool is made to be optimally useful.

@chickenbutt  aren't those OXO measuring cups that you look into to see the measure, rather than just from the side, just the best!  kudos to whoever thought those up.

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Valued Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@3cupcakes wrote:

@Berlybaby wrote:

Thank you for telling me about fasta pasta. Checked it out and ordered one. I never heard of it before but it looks amazing.

@Berlybaby Hope you will enjoy it too. It's a really convenient gadget.

The one thing we found out the hard way is to remember  to take the COVER OFF before putting it in the microwave or you'll have a big mess because it will overflow.  🙁

Oh my goodness @3cupcakes I just spit my coffee out as I did the exact same thing the first time I used it! . . . I didn't bother reading the directions (clearly) and boy did I pay for that in clean up time but the pasta still came out rather well . . . tee hee!

good morning, @momtochloe!  yup, it's a doozie clean up if you forget, isn't it, but it's something we only do once because you never forget that clean up.   Smiley Happy

tho now you have to clean off your computer screen from your coffee!  LOL   have a good one!

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

I have a veggie peeler from Pampered Chef that is the best I've ever owned. I tried to buy another just in case I lose it or break it, but they no longer make that design.

I also have to agree with the OXO tongs. I have two sizes. I also have an OXO sautee pan and it's the best non-stick pan I've ever owned.

~ house cat ~