Respected Contributor

Re: What Is your favorite kitchen gadget?

[ Edited ]

Salad Spinner

Microplane

Silicone coated whisk (doesn't scratch bowls or pots)

and this OXO Fat Separator:

OXO Good Grips Fat Separator

Respected Contributor

My plastic garlic clove peeler. saw it on Martha Stewart years back and got me one - works like a charm... Just roll it back and forth a few times  and the clove is peeled and ready to chop. 

Oh, and a simple round rubber gripper to open jars - cheap and effective. And, literally takes up no space in the drawer. Got that at the grocery store. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

@asoutherngirl wrote:

My favorite gadget at the moment is a lame.  It is handmade from black walnut and is fitted with brass.  It is used to score bread dough.  I love it!!

I keep thinking I'm going to buy one some day.  I use those really small single edged razor blades now.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

Re: favorite kitchen gadgets

[ Edited ]

One of my favorite kitchen gadgets (I have many favorites, too hard to pick just one) is the walnut chopper glass thingie with a cup and a crank handle at the top.  My mom always used one when we were growing up, and I finally found one at a thrift store recently (an item I just haven't seen anywhere, for some reason, except for online, where this picture came from).  I use mine all the time, especially when I make banana bread.  Even though the one I use isn't my mom's, every time I use it, I think of her (she's still with us, thank goodness, so we can still enjoy her yummy goodies).  :-)   

Honored Contributor

On a whim i bought that Kuhn Rikon chopper that you pull the cord..much to my surprise, I reached for that little item everyday.

I love to chop/dice but this is so handy and for once one of my "impulse" buys turned out to be a good one!

Trusted Contributor

A bench scraper & my little offset spatula. Use them every day.

Honored Contributor

Hands down , my brand new Vitamix.

My Fasta Pasta

Kitchenaid stand mixer

Pressure cooker

Ice tea maker

Trusted Contributor

I have enjoyed this topic so much.  Being a gadget person, I even ordered the Fasta Pasta.

Boop

Respected Contributor

I have to agree with you on the silicone garlic peeler, easier than smashing it with a knife. I also love the metal lemon squeezer that bars use, so easy to get the juice out of a cut lemon.

Occasional Contributor

Yet another vote for the Fasta Pasta and also my probe meat thermometer . . . no more overcooked meat!