Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Way Of Having Fresh Peaches?

ECBG wrote:

@chickenbutt, To me, room temp fruit has more flavor.

Oh, I hear that.  Usually, I have several (or a bag of them) and they are ripe so, in order to make them last so that I can eat them all before they go bad, I need to cut them up and into the L&L in the refrigerator.  Otherwise, most of them would go bad on me.  

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Wash them, slice them in half, remove the pit and eat.

And @okaywitheasypay the peaches here in Georgia are from South Carolina.  I died laughing in the supermarket the other day.  If I can get a pic, I will.  Thumbs up by the way for our neighbor's produce.  It was good!

@okaywitheasypay, The first year I taught, I was in a kittle town called Ellijay, in north Georga, right next to Dalton.  Do you know it?

@ECBG Perhaps I didn't explain correctly Smiley Happy I am in Indiana and the only peaches I can find in stores here that smell and taste are ones they identify as 'Georgia' peaches in prime 'season' . I have never been deeper south than Tenn. but would love to visit some time.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love them fresh and in ice cream. I also like peach salsa, sangria, peach mohitos, peach rice, and peach ice tea. They are easy to freeze for later. Peach conserves always remind me of my grandmother. She also made some brandied peaches.

Strawberry and peach season are always too short for me.

doxie

Respected Contributor

All of these sound so tasty!

Respected Contributor

A really good fresh peach is best just eaten as is! 

Respected Contributor

Room temp., peeled and sliced.   

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last month I bought a half bushel of peaches, and after I shared with our grown children, we about foundered on the remaining fruit.  Anyway, I had this recipe that my dear friend had recommended over 30  years ago. . .She was right, it's a winner!

BETTY'S FRESH PEACH ROLL

1 recipe regular pastry (2 crust pie)

4-5 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced

1 cup sugar

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

2-4 T butter

Roll out pastry into an oblong.  Place pastry in 9 x 13" baking pan.  sprinkle a little flour on the pastry.  Place peaches on pastry,  sprinkle the sugar that has been mixed with the cinnamon, and dot with butter.  Fold the pastry over the peaches and form into a roll.

Mix together:  2 T flour, 1/4 cup sugar.  Sprinkle mixture around the sides of the peach roll.  Then pour 2 cups boiling water over this sugar mixture.  Place pan, uncovered, in a preheated 450 degree oven immediately and bake 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 30-35 minutes.   Serve warm, sliced with vanilla ice cream.

Trusted Contributor

I like them used fresh in a cobbler. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@lork wrote:

Last month I bought a half bushel of peaches, and after I shared with our grown children, we about foundered on the remaining fruit.  Anyway, I had this recipe that my dear friend had recommended over 30  years ago. . .She was right, it's a winner!

BETTY'S FRESH PEACH ROLL

1 recipe regular pastry (2 crust pie)

4-5 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced

1 cup sugar

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

2-4 T butter

Roll out pastry into an oblong.  Place pastry in 9 x 13" baking pan.  sprinkle a little flour on the pastry.  Place peaches on pastry and sprinkle the sugar that has been mixed with the cinnamon.  Fold the pastry over the peaches and form into a roll.

Mix together:  2 T flour, 1/4 cup sugar.  Sprinkle this around the sides of the peach roll.  Then pour 2 cups boiling water over this sugar mixture.  Place pan, uncovered, in a preheated 450 degree oven immediately and bake 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 30-35 minutes.   Serve warm, sliced with vanilla ice cream.

This sounds SO GOOD!  Thanks for posting it!   @lork

Honored Contributor

Thouroughly washed, cubed in the skin, half a pack of Stevia, with or without a drizzle of half and half. 

LOVE A NICE FRESH EXTRA RIPE PEACH.