Respected Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Pot Roast?

I'm doing roast and veg Tuesday. I'll use my pressure cooker and chunk up my chuck roast, brown it in a bit of olive oil, then deglaze with white wine and add a can of beef consume, mushrooms, carrots, sweet onions, and whole petite potatoes. I'll do salt and pepper and kitchen bouquet. Then at the end I'll add a packet of french onion soup mix and/or low sodium brown gravy mix to thicken things up. I usually remove the meat and veg to really wisk the packets in and get the gravy thick enough. It was in the upper 60s today with lowes in the mid 50s. We are to have upper 40s for lowes a few nights at the end of the week. Mind you, it has been 98 last week with the heat index. Crazy weather for us in October! BTW, I'm in the deep south of Georgia.
Valued Contributor

I love to use a chuck roast in the crockpot with a Lawry’s pot roast seasoning packet, water or stock, onions, carrots and mashed potatoes on the side. Also love to serve applesauce (favorite from childhood). 

Honored Contributor

Mine is my mother's stew.  English cut roast cut up, dredged in flour and browned.  Done in crock pot seasoned with rosemary (I like ground rosemary)  with 1 can of tomato paste, potatoes and carrots.  I always add a jar of beef au jus to get more liquid for crusty bread.

Honored Contributor

@simplyfriends wrote:

I love to use a chuck roast in the crockpot with a Lawry’s pot roast seasoning packet, water or stock, onions, carrots and mashed potatoes on the side. Also love to serve applesauce (favorite from childhood). 

@simplyfriendsIs this what you use?

Image result for Laurys Pot roast seasoning