Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Food Made With Blueberries?

@cindyNC wrote:

I don't know if this will work or not........but I got an ice cream maker a month ago. I made a recipe for strawberry frozen yogurt....2 cups sliced berries, 1/2 cup sugar or substitute, 1/2 cup sugar free strawberry jam and 2 cups yogurt (not 0% fat)........I wanted to try blueberry frozen yogurt. 

@cindyNC It will be wonderful.  If you were thinking that there wouldn't be any flavor because of the berries being unsliced like the strawberries, you could crush them in a bowl with a fork first.

Honored Contributor

We like this blueberry-topped cheesecake in the summer:

Crust:

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 tbsp brown sugar

1/2 cup melted butter

Mix everything in a bowl.  Press onto sides and bottom of deep-dish pie dish.  Bake in 350 degree oven until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.  Let cool

Filling:

12 oz softened cream cheese

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1 tbsp lemon zest

3/4 cup sour cream

1/3 cup lemon juice

6 oz white chocolate bar (I prefer Ghirardelli)

1 1/4 cup well-chilled heavy cream

Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon zest with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.  Beat in sour cream and lemon juice to combine.  Melt chocolate in microwave at 50% power for 1-minute intervals, stirring until melted.  Let cool to room-temperature.  Whip cooled chocolate into mixture until creamy and thick.  Beat chilled heavy cream into mixture until very thick and creamy.   Evenly spread into cooled crust.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-24 hours to set up.

Topping:

3/4 cup water

1/4 cup sugar

2 tbsp cornstarch

2 cups fresh blueberries

2 tbsp lemon juice

Mix everything in saucepan and simmer, stirring constantly until bubbly and thick, 4-5 minutes.  Pour into bowl.  Press top of mixture with plastic wrap and let cool to room temperature.  Spread evenly over top of cheesecake.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

That pie looks awesome. I also make blueberry lemon bread and  blueberry liqueur . It is so good on vanilla ice cream.

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

ANYTHING made with blueberries.  I like just eating them out of a bowl.  Grew up on Maine blueberries, but any will do, can't be without them.

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

That is one "good looking" pie you have made!  I will bring coffee or tea and sample this for you.  Personally I end up making muffins, your crust looks amazing.

@Boomernichols Thank you!  This is a Pet Ritz deep dish pie crust.  The top is the other pie shell inverted. Their crust is SO good. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm not a big berry fan and don't like raspberries at all.  I do like blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes.   That's about it.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   I repeat, YOUR crust looks amazing!  You can take credit for it because I would have never known the difference and it looks good enough to eat.   HA

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@ECBG   I repeat, YOUR crust looks amazing!  You can take credit for it because I would have never known the difference and it looks good enough to eat.   HA

@Boomernichols You're so sweet!  Thank you.  I brushed it with an egg white and Tbsp. of water slightly beaten with a fork.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of raw blueberries, so probably for me it would be muffins or pancakes.  Now, blackberries I'll eat pretty much any way you can do them.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I love blueberry pie but never make one because enough blueberries are so expensive.  I settle for cupcakes, muffins or pancakes which take less fruit.

@Kachina624 Sweetie, next time get your blueberries (or frozen ones), mix them up and do fried pies!  If you need a glaze recipe, let me know!  You should get 3 or 4 out of a pint!