Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Food Made With Blueberries?

@ECBG 

Wow!!!! that pie is definitely a winner...I've. been wishing for blueberry pie (real homebaked). from fresh blueberries.  Can. you share the recipe ?

I like anything blueberry -- I made blueberry pancakes, muffins or top my yogurt with them.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ECBG 

Wow!!!! that pie is definitely a winner...I've. been wishing for blueberry pie (real homebaked). from fresh blueberries.  Can. you share the recipe ?

I like anything blueberry -- I made blueberry pancakes, muffins or top my yogurt with them.

@homedecor1 I cheated with the crust and used Pet Ritz deep dish.  The top crust is an inverted  pie crust (two to a pkg.). 

Our store had two containers of blueberries for the price of one.  I used 3 and did the directions for a 10 in pie because of the deep dish.

I did find this to have a lot of syrup, but I prefer that to thick syrup and loss of flavor to flour.

I sealed the top with 1 beaten egg + 1T water

From the 1970 Betty Crocker  cookbook.

20200517_174748.jpg

20200517_174758.jpg

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Thank you!!! Guess what I'll be making this week🙂🙂🙂

Yummmmmm

Trusted Contributor

Blueberry buttermilk pancakes

Esteemed Contributor

I like blueberries but don't "Love" them so a pie is just not for me.  I do like them in bagels and muffins.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

My husband loves blueberries but to me they have absolutely no taste.  I love cherries, strawberries and blackberries, and especially raspberries, but blueberries?  Nada!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

My husband loves blueberries but to me they have absolutely no taste.  I love cherries, strawberries and blackberries, and especially raspberries, but blueberries?  Nada!  

@Sooner I love your entire list!  (Just leave the blueberries on mine!).  Yum!!!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG   That pie is a beauty !!!!

Honored Contributor

Blueberries

When they are really good and fresh and sweet, I eat them like M&M's! They are like candy to me. 

But as far as them in things, I don't think I have ever met a blueberry baked good that I didn't like! LOL

Respected Contributor

That is one "good looking" pie you have made!  I will bring coffee or tea and sample this for you.  Personally I end up making muffins, your crust looks amazing.