Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Cut Of Steak?

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I love the flavor of sirloin steak.  It can be chewy if overcooked.  Nothing beats filet mignon for tenderness but I think it's flavor is lacking.

I agree. For a more lean and tender cut, filet is it, but a New York strip, ribeye or sirloin is more flavorful. When having steak, I usually choose a New York strip.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Kitlynn wrote:

I am a steak eating gal!! Love a good Bone in Rib Eye and also a Dallas Fillet not butterflied. I also want my beef to be aged.

@Kitlynn 

Very interesting!!!  I have never heard of a "Dallas filet", are they different, please?

They are a fillet mignon. Usually about two inches thick and boneless. Very tender.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG Hands down, filet mignon! My DH and I used to get this at Cheesecake Factory, best I ever had.

Also, loved skirt steak. Haven't had it in years but when DS was a teen I fixed it a lot a number of different ways. It was a cheap cut but we 3 loved it! Haven't had it in years.

Respected Contributor

Ribeye or a NY Strip

Respected Contributor

I'm another who loves ribeyes. Delish!

Respected Contributor

Ribeye then porterhouse.  I love a medium steak.  Love to make steak salads.  The ribeyes have enough fat to add more flavor.

Trusted Contributor

Toss up between filet and bone in ribeye, medium.

Valued Contributor

@ECBG , I too love a filet also a Ribeye.  I buy both whole and cut as you do.  I wrap each individually in plastic wrap, lay a paper towel between each, put in a vacuum seal bag.  I first freeze the bag and then vaccuum seal the bag once meat is frozen.  I find it does not pull out any of the juices and they separate when I want to remove one or two steaks.

Honored Contributor

I buy the whole NY strip and have the butcher cut them 1' thick and  I wrap freeze them individually.  I usually have a whole freezer full of them and pull them out for a quickie meal.

Occasionally, I buy rib eyes too.

I have to admit though, that I am not a big fan of steaks.  I don't hate them, but I don't love them either.

I'd rather have chicken or seafood. I grew eating steak a lot so it has never been a treat or special meal for me.

Honored Contributor

sirloin

flank

iron strip--is that the name?--it was amazing