Honored Contributor

Re: What Is The Oldest Kitchen Tool You have?

Me.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

My grandmother's handmade cookie cutters and a 1950's Sunkist electric lemon and lime juicer my mother was going to throw away.  "No," I said.  "I'll take it. It still works."  

Here's the juicer. Mine is in much better shape and cleaner than this, but here it is.

@Foxxee 

I have never seen a juicer like this!  Very interesting.  

For decades when there was no air conditioning and time was spent on the front porch to catch a breeze, they served a lot of pitchers of lemonade!  (Which despite the sugar was very healthy providing ascorbic acid and vit c to ward off scurvy!).

Honored Contributor

An older than dirt rusted potato peeler.  Thing was sharper than a razor.  I could peel a large potato just under a minute.  One day I couldn't find it.  S.O. decided to tell me he threw the peeler out because of the rust.  I told him the rust washes right off the potatos.  hidemf3.gif

In my mind Mad As Hell.gif I really had to bite my tongue as he does all the cooking when he's here.

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at Sun, Jan 16, 2022-8.51.03 PM.png

He did replace it w/an OXO peeler knowing how much I love their products. 

But still......icon_exclaim.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Cutco that I have had 59 years!!!!!!! Love the cutley & utensils. 

Respected Contributor

Not sure if this counts but I have an Esmond cookie jar and the matching canister set. From my Aunt many years ago. She was given them by an older lady.

Honored Contributor

A rolling pin, potato masher, sifter, and, a peeler that are more than 50 yers old!

Tatty teddy - Stay safe in this storm Teddy Bear Quotes, Bear Pictures, Tatty Teddy, Spice Mixes, Stay Safe, Bears, Spice Blends, Bear, Seasoning Mixes

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac 

That is the best carrot peeler that ever was!

Your peeler was redesigned after decades!

First:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peeler

https://www.fastcompany.com/90239156/the-untold-story-of-the-vegetable-peeler-that-changed-the-world

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

An older than dirt rusted potato peeler.  Thing was sharper than a razor.  I could peel a large potato just under a minute.  One day I couldn't find it.  S.O. decided to tell me he threw the peeler out because of the rust.  I told him the rust washes right off the potatos.  hidemf3.gif

In my mind Mad As Hell.gif I really had to bite my tongue as he does all the cooking when he's here.

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at Sun, Jan 16, 2022-8.51.03 PM.png

He did replace it w/an OXO peeler knowing how much I love their products. 

But still......icon_exclaim.gif

@Mz iMac  I have one just like that! I got it right after we got married 46 years ago and it still works just fine. 

Esteemed Contributor

My mother died tragically at 36. I still have her spatula. 

Honored Contributor

Great grandmothers rolling pin and biscuit cutter, cast iron skillets from grandparents and great grandparents, butcher knives from my grandparents.