Respected Contributor

Re: What Is The Best Unpopped Popcorn

for those that pop in the microwave, do you use special popper or something else(brn paper bags)? i have had bad luck with micro popper and would like a recommendation. thanks all.

Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2015 10sluvr said:

for those that pop in the microwave, do you use special popper or something else(brn paper bags)? i have had bad luck with micro popper and would like a recommendation. thanks all.

I use the Nordic Ware Popcorn Popper. It works great and has lasted 20-30 years. Check out the reviews at Target.com:

Nordic Ware Popcorn Popper

Nordic Ware is made in the USA and their customer service is great.

Respected Contributor

thanks, ValuSkr. i'll check it out.

Respected Contributor

On 1/18/2015 AnneMary said:

We use Orville's in the big plastic jug also. Our kids, grandkids, and my hairdresser, all love the white coated popcorn that DH makes. We call it "Polar Popcorn" up here, and comes holiday time, you wouldn't believe how much he makes.......or the mess he makes also!!

He (DH) keeps the instant microwave type in the pantry all the time. I don't eat it, but he seems to think it's o.k. Of course, one look at his "prego" stomach and you'd agree that it is NOT o.k. !!!!

Can you share his recipe? I love popcorn, since, for the most part, it is a healthy snack.

Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2015 ValuSkr said:
On 1/19/2015 10sluvr said:

I use the Nordic Ware Popcorn Popper. It works great and has lasted 20-30 years. Check out the reviews at Target.com:

Nordic Ware Popcorn Popper

Nordic Ware is made in the USA and their customer service is great.

I think I have had mine thirty years as well {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Works great, no oil or anything needed.

Respected Contributor

I like the bagged kind at work, but use the microwave air popper at home. I too use the Nordic Ware Popcorn popper. It is great and easy! I like my popcorn slightly burnt, which is super easy to do in the microwave. I love different recipes for popcorn as well.

Respected Contributor

Thanks ladies for all of your help. I went to the market this morning and picked up the Bob's Red Mill white popcorn and I am going to Target and pick up the popper that everyone is talking about. Can't beat the price.

Honored Contributor

I bought organic popcorn through Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/19/2015 helping said: Tiny But Mighty Popcorn! Heirloom variety, small kernels, hulls seem to melt. Some Whole Foods stores carry it. Amazon, I think.

I found this recently too (at both Whole Foods and Sprouts) and really like it. The kernels are smaller and almost all of them pop so not a lot of waste. Great taste.

Honored Contributor

On 1/18/2015 DiAnne said:

I don't eat microwave popcorn either. I buy the plastic jar of Orville Redenbacher because it stays fresher. If I made more popcorn I would use the plastic bags because they are cheaper.

You could get the cheaper bags and then dump them into a Lock & Lock container. It will definitely stay fresh for eons longer that way. Smiley Happy

Or, you could get them and pour them in measured serving sizes and vacuum seal them. Pop them into the freezer and they will stay fresh forever. Either way I'm probably keep them in the freezer or, at least, in the refrigerator, as opposed to keeping them in the cabinet where they could suffer from temperature changes.