Respected Contributor

Re: What Is The Best Unpopped Popcorn

I get non-GMO kernels from Amazon. I make them in my Whlrly-pop, and add different seasonings....wonderful! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Re: What Is The Best Unpopped Popcorn

We've had good luck with Orville Redenbacher. I'm probably too late with this M/W recipe, but I've discontinued other methods of popping since discovering this. It's so quick, and easy with no cleanup.

Microwave Popcorn

Did you know you can make your own microwave popcorn in under 4 minutes? Store bought microwave popcorn is convenient, but it’s loaded with fats/oils/sodium, etc., and you can make your own healthier, far less expensive microwave popcorn, complete with various flavors of seasoning in under 4 minutes. You'll need:

paper bag, lunch size
1/4 c popcorn kernels
2 to 3 T melted butter, opt
Popcorn salt or table salt, to taste, opt
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese or other cheese sprinkle, opt

Pour the unpopped kernels of popcorn in the paper bag.

Fold the top of the bag over twice to close. Each fold should be 1/2 inch deep; the kernels need room to pop. Seal the bag with a tiny piece of tape.

Put the bag in the microwave and cook on high power for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the pops are 5 seconds apart.

Remove the bag from the oven and open it carefully, avoiding the steam. If desired, drizzle it with melted butter, then toss with salt and cheese, close the top, shake the bag to distribute it evenly, pour into a bowl and serve.

Voila, Healthy snack in under 4 minutes.