Respected Contributor

Re: What Is The Best Spiral Ham

Sam's had them for around $2 a pound for a boneless, spiral ham. Each ham was in the $20 range. That is a good price for boneless too!

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/30/2015 chickenbutt said:

If anybody is contemplating the Kansas City ham, I noticed that they are selling it on QVC today for $72.98. BUT, if you go to kansascitysteaks.com it's on sale for $59.95 and using the promo code - FEAST1 - you get free shipping.

This sale at the kc website is through tomorrow only. It's $10 off the ham (reg $69.95) and the free shipping - both things end tomorrow so it w/b $10 more for the ham PLUS additional shipping.

LOL - you talked me into it!! The fact you said it wasn't salty really sold it (although I'm more interested in how fat it is and hope we get a good one!)
Frequent Contributor

Used to love Paula Deen's hams.,now Trader Joe's
Honored Contributor

Remember back in the day when a canned ham was the rage? In the 60's and 70's they had an Armour Gold canned ham, and as I remember it was good. But that is what most people had. Then it was sliced, then spiral? LOL But the hams have probably got better over the years.

Honored Contributor

We,always buy a Honeybaked ham.....expensive but everyone loves it as a special,treat for holidays; we don't buy it other than special occasions
Respected Contributor

Texas Honey Ham Company - Austin, Texas - TOTALLY YUMMMY !! I get one every Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter !! They are a holiday tradition in my house. Sweet, tender and NOT too salty - PERFECTION.
-Texas Hill Country-
Super Contributor

We are using HoneyBaked hams since 1978...
We strayed a couple times and bought other hams..
but none of the others can be compared to
HoneyBaked Hams...
Honored Contributor

The best ham I have ever tasted is, believe it or not, Kirkland's "flat" ham for lack of better wording, as I think there are two Kirkland's hams, one is spiral which I have not tried, but the other, which comes with a packet of red current glaze, is wonderful. We freeze whatever is left over from the meal, and it is the only ham that we have ever used up all of it, it is that good. Makes great sandwiches, etc., and it is not salty or heavily smoked as are most hams, not to mention it is so inexpensive, a huge ham for $26-28.00, depending on how many pounds.

ETA: These are sold at Costco.

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2015 Alter Ego said:
On 3/30/2015 chickenbutt said:

If anybody is contemplating the Kansas City ham, I noticed that they are selling it on QVC today for $72.98. BUT, if you go to kansascitysteaks.com it's on sale for $59.95 and using the promo code - FEAST1 - you get free shipping.

This sale at the kc website is through tomorrow only. It's $10 off the ham (reg $69.95) and the free shipping - both things end tomorrow so it w/b $10 more for the ham PLUS additional shipping.

LOL - you talked me into it!! The fact you said it wasn't salty really sold it (although I'm more interested in how fat it is and hope we get a good one!)

I've purchased quite a few over the years and never had a fatty one. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 3/30/2015 shoekitty said:

Remember back in the day when a canned ham was the rage? In the 60's and 70's they had an Armour Gold canned ham, and as I remember it was good. But that is what most people had. Then it was sliced, then spiral? LOL But the hams have probably got better over the years.

I've seen those in the movies. I've always wondered how they got a ham to fit into a tin. Ham just aren't those shapes, but they always just cut it up and mash it in. I've never had one of those, but they are probably most like deli ham since they too are processed.