Regular Contributor

Re: What Is Something You Dislike For Dinner?

Absolutely hate liver! Idk if my mother (she's 80) didn't know how to cook it but to me, it was like tasting a huge spoon of sandy dirt. It's a no...

Respected Contributor

I can eat just about anything for dinner.  I prefer a light dinner and breakfast and a very big lunch.  It does not happen cause of my family but that is my preference,  Sometimes Hubs will be fine with a sandwhich, a fritata, and always leftovers.  

Honored Contributor

@Irmasdc 

When it came to meat, my mom overcooked everything, except liver, because she really liked liver, steamed and soft with a lot of gravy and onions.  My brothers and I still eat liver.  

I like beef, pork and chicken liver and eat it 1-2x a month.  

Regular Contributor

I think it smells amazing but I can't past the memory 🤣 Now chicken livers I've got no issue with but the big ole slab of it, nope. 

Frequent Contributor

A lot of people would disagree, but at least my husband and I are on the same page.  Prime Rib.  Especially if a little too red.  We like a steak medium/medium well. 

Honored Contributor

I just realized that as much as I like breakfast for dinner, I do not want pancakes!  I am not a fan of any kind of pancake; fruit doesn't make it better to me since I'm not a big fan of that either.  

Waffles are on my plate occasionally; like 3x a year, if that often.   I prefer french toast made with simple white bread, no thick bread.

A simple bacon, sausage, ham, or pork chop biscuit makes me happy.  

Valued Contributor

@DeeJoyce wrote:

A lot of people would disagree, but at least my husband and I are on the same page.  Prime Rib.  Especially if a little too red.  We like a steak medium/medium well. 

I am just the opposite.......Prime Rib, cooked black and blue ( charred very hard on the outside and very rare on the inside ---just slightly warm ). 

Valued Contributor

@RedTop     I bought a waffle maker almost 12 years ago...never once used it !

I do like pancakes ,especially with apples, but forget about them and haven't made in the same length of time. Now French Toast with bacon ? Old fashioned Wonder white bread like when the kids were growing up and like I always had......we were not allowed to have anything white in the house so I couldn't wait to get to my Grandmother where there were no restrictions.