Trusted Contributor

Re: What Is Everyone Making For Christmas Dinner?

@Kachina624 

Have you already posted the recipe for your chicken with dressing in slow cooker? It sounds good and easy for the 2 of us.  No rush...we have other plans for Christmas.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm alone so I'm making a big pot of my chicken and dressing in the slow cooker.  Its delicious and satisfies my yen for dressing and fowl without having to cook a bird.  I'll eat it for several days with lots of cranberry sauce.

@Kachina624 Could you share how you make the crockpot chicken and dressing?  It sounds great!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

It will be just DD and I.  I asked her for her thoughts about food for Friday and she asked me what I wanted.  We just looked at each other and shrugged. lol  We do that a lot.

We settled on chicken and biscuits. Easy and good. My oven is wonky so we bake biscuits in the Ninja.

What is everyone making?  I always get a lot of ideas from you ladies.

What are we making? A trip to O'Toole's Pub for take out on Christmas Eve, then a trip to Wind Song for Asian take out on Christmas night. 

My families have insisted, and I didn't struggle ONE BIT to change their minds.

And in case any of you happen to remember that I'm that Old Crab that complains about hating New Year's Eve every year, just let me tell you that there will be no one ANYWHERE who will be happier to get out of endless 202020202020 than I am, and no one ANYWHERE will make louder noises telling it to get 2020202020 outta here and BRING ON 2021.

Honored Contributor

Since everyone wanted the ends off of the rib roast, I changed to ribeye steaks.  We'll have a romaine mandarin salad with spring onions and celery, homemade red wine vinaigrette, twice baked potatoes and a deep dish pie with Gruyere cheese and Italian tomatoes, basil and oregano.

Chocolate torte for dessert.

Esteemed Contributor

We already had our familly Christmas gala last Saturday. My kids came in from downstate along with their mates and with my brand new granddaughter (5 months old). I made my standing rib roast which turned out scrumptious!!! Everything was perfect! What a great Christmas we all had!! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Baked ziti, green beans & biscuits....dinner will be me & the 🐈. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Respected Contributor

Usually I do something nice like prime rib but this year I am doing spaghetti and meatballs.  I'm also thinking about doing Chinese on Christmas eve, for the first time.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Reservations****We are going out to Ruth's Chris Restaurant  for a steak dinner. 

Honored Contributor

@mac116. @alicedee. Here's the basic recipe.  I use Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix and add about 1 1/2 pkgs.  I adjust the broth, adding more.  I cook 3 or 4 chicken breasts in the pressure cooker and use the liquid for the broth, dice the meat.  I've also used a cooked rotisserie chicken.  I also add a chopped apple just because I like it.  I use Cream of Chicken soup.  The eggs serve as a binder and are indistinguishable.

Screenshot_20201223-111221_Amazon Photos.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I saved the recipe and will definitely make it!  Thank you so much!