Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Everyone Making For Christmas Dinner?

Since moving to California 20 years ago, we've been ordering Indian food from a local restaurant on Christmas Day.  We haven't ordered anything from a restaurant since the pandemic started, but I'm going to take a walk on the wild side this week and follow our tradition.  DH always wants me to cook, but this is the one day a year I insist on treating myself and I'm not about to give that up.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@kaydee50   I love Paella.  I didn't know Trader Joe's carried it.  What department is it in.....frozen foods?  TIA

Honored Contributor

We enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal so much, we are going to repeat it. I think the leftovers from Thanksgiving lasted barely 2 days. 

I can not wait. It was so good.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@kaydee50   I love Paella.  I didn't know Trader Joe's carried it.  What department is it in.....frozen foods?  TIA

It's in a bag where the fish are, I think.  It's enough for 2 people with a signficant amount of different types of fish in it along with rice.  Makes a meal for us.

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch   I haven't made chicken piccata in awhile.  I might see if DD would prefer that.

Thanks for jogging my memory.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all the ideas.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, well, as merry as it can be this year.

Esteemed Contributor

Prime rib roast with St. Clair sides ... easy peasy.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We are making prime rib beef, Yorkshire puddings, roast parsnips, roast potatoes, peas and gravy - English 'Sunday' dinner lol. Plus mince pies, Christmas pudding with brandy cream after yahoo!

Honored Contributor

I’m having surgery on Monday so DH and I will be home alone for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  We don’t eat huge meals anymore. I’m making a turkey breast, mashed cauliflower, and a green vegetable.  Then a keto carrot cake cupcake for dessert. 

Respected Contributor

It will only be two of us, but making a ham, au gratin potatoes and whatever fresh vegetable I pick up today along with a fresh fruit salad and pumpkin pie.

Going to cut the ham in half and drop some off to my parents today since we are not getting together, but want them to have some ham to cook for their Christmas dinner.

......You look like I need a drink.....