Trusted Contributor

Re: What Is Best Tasting Black Tea

On 1/28/2014 Butterfly12 said:
On 1/28/2014 Troop_Angel said:

Since I discovered Harney & Sons, I can't drink any other brand. For black tea, their Irish Breakfast and English Breakfast are delicious.

Where do you get Harney & Sons teas?

www dot Harney dot com or Starbucks.

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2014 Harpa said:
On 1/28/2014 Sooner said:

Upton Tea has a WONDERFUL website and you can order sample bags, which are a lot of fun. THeir TA40 Assam blend is very good and moderately priced for hot, strong, malty Irish style tea that is wonderful with milk and maybe a little sugar. These are more like the Yorkshire Gold tea mentioned here.

For an afternoon tea, try any of their Darjeelings--their descriptions of them are usually very on the mark!

The Ceylons are good hot or cold and are a little brighter and more brisk. Orange Pekoe (a leaf size not a type) Ceylon is excellent.

Oolongs are slightly fermented like blacks, but still have some of the "green" left in them. They are a nice thing to try.

I have an order from Harney (all green) that should be on my porch tonight! I can't wait to try it!

Sooner, what did you get? Have you tried Love Life? (Love that one!) One of my favorites is the Citron Green.

I don't remember and it didn't come today! LOL!! I do remember one had green tea and ginkgo in it--so apparently I REALLY need that! I'll report when it gets here!

Regular Contributor

I like Barry's Tea imported from Ireland. I love strong brisk tea and this is perfect. They have a few different black teas but my favorite is the Barry's Gold. I buy it at Wegman's in the international food section. They also have a website.

I also like the black tea from Harrod's of London. My sister always brings some back for me when she travels there.

One thing I discovered is the difference of the tea in the bags. I cut open a few of the American tea bags and the leaves were crushed and almost powdery. When I cut open the Barry's or Typhoo the leaves were more intact. It made the American tea look like sweepings off the floor.

Occasional Contributor

Bewley's Irish Tea from QVC is wonderful
Honored Contributor

you can get 3 FREE tea samples from teamonger.com if you fill out a form. you can be surprised OR choose the 3 free samples that you want.

https://www.teamonger.com/samples/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

On 1/28/2014 Soushi24 said:

Interesting.

I just a big box of Red Rose tea and thought, this isn't like I remember it. So bought a small box of Lipton tea. Really wasn't pleased with it either. Thought it was me and my taster.

I used to love Red Rose but now I can' t tolerate it. I though it was just me but I guess not. I don't know what they did to there teas but it definitely got changed!

Valued Contributor

If you like a stronger tea, Twinings Irish Breakfast Tea is nice.

Thanks Sunshine for the free sample tip!

Super Contributor

Red Rose is nasty, IMHO.

I love Lipton. Perhaps you're steeping it too long??

PS - Teamonger did NOT let me select my samples.

Not applicable

On 1/28/2014 julies said:
On 1/28/2014 betteb said:

Bigelow English Breakfast or English Tea Time.

I agree with betteb ---- Bigelow. I drink the English Breakfast in the pink box. Love!

I agree the only tea I buy

Honored Contributor

Mighty Leaf Earl Grey and Tazo Awake (English Breakfast) are my favorite bagged black teas for hot tea. Republic of Tea's Mango Ceylon is one of my favorite black teas for making iced tea.

If you don't mind loose tea and ordering online, I recommend Earl Grey de la Creme, an Earl Grey with some vanilla.