Respected Contributor

Re: What Is (Are) Your BEST Kitchen / Cooking TIPS Or Tricks?

@Nightowlz , do bell peppers freeze ok?  Any special tips?  I would love to buy and freeze when on sale for stir fries.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@Nightowlz , do bell peppers freeze ok?  Any special tips?  I would love to buy and freeze when on sale for stir fries.

@Lilysmom1 

DH removes the seeds & stems. He usually dices the peppers. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper to freeze. Store in freezer bag. The recipe he uses them for it works. It will lose some of it's crispness but still has the flavor.

When we buy them on sale we use what we can & freeze the rest. We always have some in the freezer. 

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz , thanks, I am going to try that.  Especially easy to do a quick supper.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have the little terra cotta disc in my brown sugar too. 

One thing I just saw the other day was sifting flour. It's a pain in the rear if you ask me. It takes too long?

I saw a video where a guy put the flour in a strainer than hit the rim of strainer with his massage gun so the flour sifted in seconds? I'm going to try it next time I need to sift flour. 

Cook corn on the cob in the microwave in the husk for 2 mins. Cut ends from corn, squeeze corn out. The husk, silk all come off. Butter & season.

You can also make it in the air fryer on 380° for 7-8  mins.

Reheat pizza in the air fryer.

We also reheat quick breads & muffins in the air fryer. We like the crispness.

DH uses one of Myron Mixon's brisket recipes where you smoke it unwrapped 2 hrs, wrap in foil 2 hrs, put in ice chest 2 hrs. It's so good. You don't have to wait all day.

DH does something similar with baby back ribs. 

If you want really good baby back ribs you don't need a grill. Pull the membrane off back, sprinkle with salt, pepper, chili powder, double wrap tight in heavy duty tinfoil. Cook 2 hrs at 400°. Now you can pull foil back to add bbq sauce. You can either put them under the broiler a couple mins or put them on the grill. These always turn out so good. To tell you the truth my sister gave us the recipe. We thought they would be tougher than a boot.

We always have onions, celery, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers cut up in the freezer. Makes it easier when your trying to make dinner. 

We always have grass fed hamburger patties, frozen shrimp in the freezer so if we forget to take something out of the freezer we have something to cook. We don't do fast food much. Maybe once per month if that. 

@Nightowlz Welcome!🥰 WOW!!! I LOVE❤ all of these tips!😁  Some of my family members will appreciate the meat tips! The corn on the cob and flour tips are especially helpful!❤

THANK you SO much for caring to share your very useful tips!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖