Esteemed Contributor

Re: What I learned about farm fresh eggs

@Harpa wrote:

Oh! So that's where I Love Lucy got the fresh eggs on the counter bit! I always wondered about that!

Anyone know what I'm talking about? When they were in the egg business. She had a bowl of eggs sitting on the table.

Thanks for clearing up this mystery, @wismiss !

@Harpa  I know exactly what you're talking about. I've watch those episodes many times lol.

Respected Contributor

About a year ago the food pantry would give out a huge box of eggs - like 12 dozen. I read up about them and just left them in the box and used them, they were fine.

Honored Contributor

The nutrition is also a lot better for you.

Farm fresh eggs have been proven to have: Less cholesterol, less saturated fat, more vitamin A, E and D, more omega-3 fatty aides and more beta carotene. Although both kinds of eggs have cholesterol, back yard eggs have less. Keep in mind, however, that all cholesterol in eggs is considered “good” and healthy- not the bad kind you’d find in fried foods.

Honored Contributor

Farm fresh eggs are the best--have a small neighborhood farm up the road and the owner  brought me ducks eggs, chicken eggs and even tiny quail eggs as a hello, glad to meet you gift----we gave them a huge doug fir tree that had fallen in our yard---also had a rogue escaped chicken that lived with us for about 10 days--a big Rhode island red--i named her Kung Pao and everyday at 9a.m. she laid one egg near the stack of tires she roosted on at night--got 10 of the beauties--sadly she got taken by some wild animal one day after hubs built her a pen. Could never get her to go in it. got huge eggs from her.