Honored Contributor

What Holiday Meal Do You Like The Best?

Assuming that the holiday meals are more traditional in a lot of families, which holiday meal is your favorite to eat?

My favorite is Thanksgiving, down to the dessert.  I was always in love with pumpkin pie, and I save the extra from the pies and cook it in a small greased bowl!  I serve real whipped cream, but I don't want it on mine, preferring it on other things!

I just love, love turkey, dressing and cranberry sauce!  Even though I make quite a lot (or DS will take MY leftovers,) lol, 

For many years I did turkey dinner at Easter too!  Now we have brown sugar spiral sliced ham, so I can be a little tolerate!

Christmas can't be a roast because EVERYONE wants the outside piece!  

I gave up and do rib eye steaks with a wonderful salad with romane, celery, spring onions, and mandrian oranges.  The dressing is so good, our son used to drink what was left, lol!   

I also make a tomato, Gruerier, oregano deep dish pie.

With me, everything gets fresh green beans!

Dessert is usually a torte from Fresh Market because I have just spent weeks making homemade cakes and candy for everyone.

We like the Napoleoan.

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Holiday Meal Do You Like The Best?

Fourth of July -- outdoor grilling and plenty of sunshine

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

The ones that "upscale" restaurants serve me, "all" of them.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I like Thanksgiving because so many people serve the same things but their variations. Its not a religious holiday but rather it is American so many people are  partaking and eating the same. So traditional.

I've even been single and by myself on Thanksgiving but I knew what to fix to feel a part of it.

Christmas can be any food ( we never did turkey  or ham because of Thanksgiving and Easter).

Fun question. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Love, love turkey or chicken with dressing and a ton of cranberry sauce.  I often make it in my slow cooker between holidays because I love it so much.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Re: What Holiday Meal Do You Like The Best?

I love turkey and all of the trimmings that go with it!  LOVE stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, gravy, etc..

I like pumpkin pie but really my favorite decadent dessert is a slice of rich chocolate cake with a slice of creamy cheesecake...mix them together....dessert heaven!!...I always make sure I have room for dessert! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

T-giving with Christmas right behind it.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Esteemed Contributor

Thanksgiving because it's usually food that you don't eat at any other time of the year followed by Christmas with steaks on the bbq.

Respected Contributor

I have been cooking Christmas dinner for my entire family since my oldest DD was 2 - she is now 23.  I always have a beef tenderloin roast.  I will rotate recipes for sauce for the beef, a potato dish and a vegetable.  My SIL always brings a salad and my aunt brings rolls.  I always make something chocolate for dessert.

Respected Contributor

Our family traditions are ham for Easter, turkey for Thanksgiving, and "roast beast" for Christmas. Fans of the Grinch will remember the Christmas dish.