Frequent Contributor

Re: What Do You Put In Pan Roasted Vegies???

I use carrots and green peppers cut into 2 inch pieces, onions that have been halved and cut into fourths or smaller if the onions are large (keep root end attached)  and whole garlic cloves.

Line a large sheet pan with heavy duty foil; spread vegetables on pan and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.

Roast in hot oven  400 - 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until tender;  stirring after 15 minutes.  

Honored Contributor

I love many roasted veggies-- baby reds, sweet potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, and califlower. I just put on a foil lined pan with EVVO, salt, and pepper. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do combinations of whatever I have; beets, potatoes, carrots, onions, cabbage, celery and peppers are usually always here.  

Turnips, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, squash and zucchini are frequently thrown in to be roasted as well.   

Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

I knew there were Le Sueur canned peas, but had never heard of their green beans.  Since green beans are one my favorite veggies I decided to take a look for them at a grocery store that I thought may have them.

Bought two cans today.  Will try them soon.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@Sooner 

I knew there were Le Sueur canned peas, but had never heard of their green beans.  Since green beans are one my favorite veggies I decided to take a look for them at a grocery store that I thought may have them.

Bought two cans today.  Will try them soon.

@4kitties I hope you like them!  I always have a supply and I think they are very good!  Even my husband loves them.  And I love almost all green peas--especially theirs!  

Frequent Contributor

I roast a variety of veggies. One of  my favorites is green beans. My sister gave  me a recipe which I have changed a bit but the best part of the recipe tells you to season the green beans with salt, pepper, olive oil and, believe it or not, a small sprinkle of sugar. Cover the beans and bake for 10 minutes covered at 475 degrees F and then uncovered for 10 minutes. When done, mix in a small amount of Dijon mustard and a sprinkle of lemon juice. Tonight I  made these green beans but added some carrot sticks, onion slices, and garlic slices. So good!!