Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Do You Like In Your Grocer's Deli?

I mostly buy cheese from the deli and once in a while presliced corn beef or pastrami for hot sandwiches my hubby likes.

When I worked and was on the road I would sometimes buy fried chicken tenders, but those were desperation purchases because i needed protein and something hot to eat. Lol.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I shop at a Haggen store that has the most incredible food sections where you can buy most everything prepared --they have hot food buffets, many types of deli's, fruit and veggies, cheeses , asian, bakery, sweets, sandwiches,  plus the regular groceries too. they have a section with prepared dinners for 1 or 2 or family sizes--my fave is their chicken alfredo and the meatloaf dinner is heaven!! got a flank steak strips with roasted veg and spuds. 

Respected Contributor

Nothing for me, only sliced salami for DH.Cat Wink

Respected Contributor

I envy all of you that have so many stores nearby. Our closest stores are Food Lions, Aldi, Target and Walmart with a few Mexican grocery stores.  The Aldi is kind of gross, I have avoided Walmart since the pandemic, very occasionally go to Target. 

When I am traveling for a doctor/dentist appt, I will shop at Publix and Harris Teeter.  Used to also go to Fresh Market and Trader Joe if traveling to Charlotte. 

I love the variety of hummus at Publix, Boars Head Black Forest Turkey breast. Some things I can only find at Publix......Cabot yogurt, ******e yogurt, Tillamook Cheese, some Cabot cheeses. oh.....and they have the best black/white cookies as well as meats

Super Contributor

Boar's Head roast beef and olive loaf. Also one of our local supermarkets has garlic salad which I love. And occasionally potato salad.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I shop at a Haggen store that has the most incredible food sections where you can buy most everything prepared --they have hot food buffets, many types of deli's, fruit and veggies, cheeses , asian, bakery, sweets, sandwiches,  plus the regular groceries too. they have a section with prepared dinners for 1 or 2 or family sizes--my fave is their chicken alfredo and the meatloaf dinner is heaven!! got a flank steak strips with roasted veg and spuds. 

@wagirl 

Is this the Woodinville Haggen's? It is a nice store. I think Haggen's has the best meat dept for a chain...well other than Costco. But at Costco the sizes of most meat items is too much for just 2 people. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 ---Yes , it is the Woodinville store---I live in an apartment in Woodinville---how do you know about it?

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@kate2357 ---Yes , it is the Woodinville store---I live in an apartment in Woodinville---how do you know about it?

@wagirl 

Live in Seattle and had a close friend who lived out that direction. We would go to Molback's to buy plants, hit up Starbucks and shop at some of the stores in that area. She moved a while back and I have not been out that way for a couple of years.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 ---I see-- Molbks is not the same anymore--not alot to see--and they are so stupid expensive!! by now they should have their Xmas trees up and decorated-- but not like before the pandemic--there might be 5 or 6 trees now, instead of the 20 or more . 

Respected Contributor

I like the sliced turkey, ham and cheese.

On Wednesdays they have started selling sushi for $5.00. I tried it and it is always fresh, made daily, and just enough for my dinner.

Now, that's some thing I don't make!