Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Do You Drink Out Of?

@Sooner 

Oh I can relate.  I don't drink hot drinks except a hot chocolate if it's freezing cold.  Maybe twice a year.

Wine -  Waterford wine goblet

Diet Coke or water - 30 or 40 oz insulated tumblers with lids  filled with ice and a stainless straw. I choose a color based on my mood. 

Milk/juice  - boring glass

I do have other sizes in my Waterford that I use for my Thanksgiving table for water and drinks of choice.  My insulated tumblers (mostly Yeti) with lids fit in cup holders and travel with me.  

Honored Contributor

I drink bottled water so nothing fancy there!  I don't drink iced tea or pop or juice.  

For my morning coffee, I like a larger mug ---no little cups for me!  I switch around and have a lot of them.  Right now I have a mug with Marilyn Monroe on it!  Over the holidays, I have several different ones to reflect Christmas, etc.

For tea, I have a more delicate china one which DH bought for me from a show that I love on t.v. - Escape to the Chateau.  It has a lovely little print on it and has my name!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Tea - from the wide-mouth Harney & Sons white cup. So the tea cools faster. (I bet you know this one, @Sooner !)

Coffee & hot chocolate - cup & mug from Brambley Hedge.

Liquids - from the Pfaltzgraff blue stem glasses DMIL gave me. (I did not keep the dishes because they are too heavy.)

Traveling - from the travel mug I purchased in Hawaii.

Honored Contributor

A big Aladdin (now Thermoserve) 34 oz. insulated mug. Little to no condensation on the outside and they keep cold things cold for a long, long time. They're not very pretty, but they work well.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

For hot drinks, I have a variety of pretty and interesting shaped mugs.

For cold drinks, a balloon wine glass I can get my plastic ice cubes in; tea and water, a clear tea glass.

Respected Contributor

I drink water out of a Camelbak 48 oz stainless steel tumbler and wash/refill them.  I have 4 in rotation in the frig. 

Very occasiionally I will have tea and use a coffee mug and use silicone straw.  Coffee is out of a 20oz yeti with a silicone straw to prevent teeth staining. 

Perrier is out of the can w/silicone straw or in a coffee mug w/silicone straw.

Every few months I'll enjoy a Diet Dr Pepper.......with silicone straw.  I used to be addicted to Diet Coke and very rarely drink diet sodas now. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We aren't fancy at my house.

We drink our water from fridge filtered water in our Yeti tumblers; coffee from Magellan (Academy) cups w/lids and wine from the Yeti wine cups. 

We have assorted tumblers, coffee cups and wine cups.

Super Contributor

Basically, whatever I pull out of the cupboard. Usually a big plastic cup I got as part of a Schwan's rewards program back-in-the-day. Wine is in simple clear wine glasses from Bed Bath & Beyond, juice from a vintage set of small embossed glasses.

Honored Contributor

The only hot drink I drink is hot chocolate almond milk and use a big sturdy mug.  Also the same for cold almond milk.  I only drink Hint water or plain bottled water - out of the bottle.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

Tea - from the wide-mouth Harney & Sons white cup. So the tea cools faster. (I bet you know this one, @Sooner !)

Coffee & hot chocolate - cup & mug from Brambley Hedge.

Liquids - from the Pfaltzgraff blue stem glasses DMIL gave me. (I did not keep the dishes because they are too heavy.)

Traveling - from the travel mug I purchased in Hawaii.

@Harpa How funny!  I should have guessed! I had one of those Harney cups and it went missing when I retired and moved out of my office!

Brambly Hedge?  The wedding--two mugs or "beakers" is I remember?  Woman Very Happy  

Travel cups from East Coast beaches will have to suffice! LOL!!!