Honored Contributor

Re: What Did You Have For Dinner Tonight?

A salad with lots of chopped vegetables. DH asked for French dressing; I had lite ranch on mine.

Honored Contributor

Roasted organic chicken, Le Sueur green peas, homemade whole wheat bread, and peaches and homemade yogurt for dessert.

Honored Contributor

I made a meat sauce for spaghetti, but I added chopped yellow squash and zucchini . We had it over whole wheat thin spaghetti with a green salad. 🥗🍝

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

BLT's with delicious in-season homegrown tomatoes, cucumber salad and broccoli!

Valued Contributor

I cleaned up 1/2 of the freezer today and lurking in the back was a 3 lb bag of scallops from 2 years ago. I removed 6 of them (they were very large) and had rice pilaf and broccoli with cheese sauce. For dessert I had sugar free gelatin and real whipped cream plus an individual size of Grandma's Cookies. DELICIOUS !!!

Honored Contributor

It's just now after 5pm.  My hubby does all the cooking and he informed me we are having homemade steak, egg & cheese biscuits.  He makes the BEST homemade biscuits!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Fish tacos - yummy!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

We buy the thin sliced Perdue Chicken b r e a s t. And my husband makes Chicken Parmesan. We also picked an eggplant and also cooked the eggplant. And had spaghetti and a kale salad. 

The thin sliced chicken works out so well. It isn't too filling and is always nice and tender, Also, Perdue vacuum seals the chicken. There are usually about 5 pieces of chicken. So we just put it in the freezer and pull out a packet when we want to cook it. 

Trusted Contributor

I went to lunch with a girlfriend, whose husband recently passed away.  We had Mexican, and I enjoyed every bite, however, since it's not my typical lunch, I was not hungry for dinner.  Ate some cantaloupe and that was it. 

@ECBG hope hubby gets to feeling better.

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

It's just now after 5pm.  My hubby does all the cooking and he informed me we are having homemade steak, egg & cheese biscuits.  He makes the BEST homemade biscuits!

---------------

I'm jealous.  Mine is worthless in the kitchen, but he's still a keeper.