Respected Contributor

Re: What Are Your Favorite Items To Snack On?

One treat I can no longer eat because I break out in hives from the red dye is red licorice, both pull aparts and laces.  I would but a package while grocery shopping and on the short drive home 70% would be gone !  Most have been some ghosts in the car, LOL.

After the first outbreak which was severe due to the amount eaten, I was on prednisone for the hives.  Years later, when I had bronchitis this winter and hadn't eaten for a few days, I craved a piece of licorice.  

Ate the licorice and that night as I was getting into bed, I started to scratch below my nightgown's neckline.  Weird...went to look and there was the beginning of a few hives.  Threw the candy out:  had to make a small purchase to get the discount at CVS and there is the candy conveniently below the cash register counterpart.  Never again.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I like chips; particularly BBQ Fritos and most flavors of UTZ chips.   However this is another food rarely found in this house.   

Me too, my favorite of them is the Ranch and just had some with my salad.  Will crumble Fritos on salads to ice cream.  Sweet and salty never a bad thing.  Love Frito's Chili Cheese flavor too.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Almonds
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@ECBG, these are a close second for me...!

Image result for pretzel crisps

Respected Contributor

This thread is giving me ideas!

In the summer: Fruit.  When I'm bad, I like the Darrell Lea soft licorice in the sour apple flavor.