Trusted Contributor

Re: What Are Unusual Things You Like To Eat Together?

Peanut butter & pickle sandwiches- usually dill, occasionally bread & butter.

Mustard & dill pickle sandwiches (when I was a little, I usually used Morehouse horseradish mustard)

Cheddar cheese and jam sandwiches. (Blackberry or strawberry; sometimes now I use American Spoon Valiant Jelly)

Peanut butter & cocoa sandwiches (my mom called these puppy dog tail sandwiches?!)

Lightly buttered and salted popcorn with Ruby Red grapefruit juice. (I miss this. Unfortunately, because of my meds I can’t have grapefruit. Woman Sad)

Frequent Contributor

Recently discovered Ritz Crackers spread with honey and sprinkled with sesame seeds.

Respected Contributor

@mustang66ladywrote:

Mashed potatoes with corn over the top instead of gravy.  My family prefers it this way as well. 

I also like a bowl of good vanilla ice cream with grape nuts cereal stirred in-I love that it stays crunchy to the end.  

Actually, mashed potatoes with corn doesn't sound unusual to me. I prefer it this way instead of gravy most of the time. But, I've never tried vanilla ice cream with grape nuts, but that sound good too!

Honored Contributor

I like Mrs. Dash's garlic sprinkled on my egg beaters. Love garlic!!

Honored Contributor

Bread and butter pickles on grilled cheese sandwhiches.  I also put mustard and dill pickles on a lot of things, like tuna sandwhiches.  Soy sauce on sauteed cabbage and onions. The strangest one IMHO is the person who eats a whole lemon like an orange.  My teeth hurt just thinking about it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Potato chips on a bologna sandwich

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal

Is there any other way to eat a bologna sandwich?!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Diva on The Qwrote:

@mustang66ladywrote:

Mashed potatoes with corn over the top instead of gravy.  My family prefers it this way as well. 

I also like a bowl of good vanilla ice cream with grape nuts cereal stirred in-I love that it stays crunchy to the end.  

Actually, mashed potatoes with corn doesn't sound unusual to me. I prefer it this way instead of gravy most of the time. But, I've never tried vanilla ice cream with grape nuts, but that sound good too!

@Diva on The Q

I think my brother started the mashed potato with corn thing decades ago, and I don't really know why I mixed the grape nuts in ice cream except I do like nuts or something crunchy often with I eat ice cream.  And grape nuts are usually eaten with milk so it may not be such a stretch.  Let me know if you try it!

Trusted Contributor

@irishalowrote:

I grew up eating peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwiches. I still like to eat them. Also while I was a camp nurse I was intoduced to potatoe chips with ketchup. This tastes just like french fries and ketchup. Yum.

@irishalo

Lays makes a ketchup-flavoured potato chip. Mostly sold in Canada. The Ruffles All-Dressed flavour is somewhat similar. 

Super Contributor

@Caaareful Shopperwrote:

This may be more common than I realize, but I only ever saw my beloved father do it:

Coke (not pepsi Smiley Happy) in the bottle (important, according to him) with several salted fresh roasted peanuts dropped inside the bottle.  Drink up!

The salt & the sweet, plus the added fizz -- delicious!!

This was common in the '50's and carried over.  We all did it.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart