Honored Contributor

What Are Foods You Love And Your DH Doesn't

I love salmon more than any other grilled fish.  I could also eat a salad every day.  I love okra, prefer roasted these days, and Brussels sprouts.  He will strangle to eat two pieces of either vegetable.

He likes frozen mixed vegetables.  Corn, peas, square carrots, .....nope.  I'm the one with hips!

I LOVE beef!  (I know, I know, just do!). He prefers chicken.

DH is a "gravy hound", I like a little, then I'm done.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Are Foods You Love And Your DH Doesn't

Anchovies, salmon, broccoli, cauliflower, herring in sour cream, lox, smoked white fish.

He is a very good salt water fisherman and will usually only eat fresh caught ocean fish the he or friends catch. 

Valued Contributor

I love pizza. He doesn't. So I rarely eat it .He loves steak and gravy. I just eat a bite or two.

Valued Contributor

Olives, stuffing, ramen noodles.

Honored Contributor

Two things that I like but he totally doesn't like are beets and cranberries.

I can't think of anything else except one time I told him about making a blt, or blta, type sandwich but I use mustard, because mayo is gross.   He thought my preference was gross, so touche!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm extremely food-picky and he's not so much.

Esteemed Contributor

Our mutual dislikes are very long.
He likes liver and onions...couldn't pay me to eat it or make it. He has to go elsewhere to get this item.

He likes ice cream and I am ambivalent. Just not something I want. I like cheesecake and he thinks it's gross.

He likes eggs and I loathe them unless they are hidden in something else. We had omelets tonight, but it was stuffed with a bunch of other food so I mainly ate the inside. He bribes me to make deviled eggs. Smiley Happy

I love, love, love hashbrown potatoes and he will eat like 2 bites and be done. I have to use extreme control not to scoop his hashbrowns onto my plate.

I could go on and on. Smiley Happy
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I like berries,  including cranberries, but he's not a fan.

Honored Contributor

I can't think of much we don't like!  Tonight we had a stir fry, hamburger and a taco salad yesterday, veggie lasagna, middle eastern tagines and spicy foods in the next few days; we'll eat about anything!  Both of us. 

Right now the fridges are loaded with veggies and fruits we'll eat next week.  And there is chicken and home made broth in the freeze for chicken and dumplings!  Also we will have oatmeal and mangoes for breakfast--which we love.   

He has more of a sweet tooth than me. 

Respected Contributor

My husband likes pretty much everything I eat. I have always been the picky eater. I will not eat under any circumstances fish or seafood, eggs, and liver.

Esteemed Contributor

I like broccoli and cauliflower DH won't touch it. Neither of us will eat fish of any kind unless it coconut shrimp. He likes ham and I'll eat a bit and that's it. No liver, seafood, pork unless it's baby back ribs or bacon, lima beans, collard, kale in this house.