Respected Contributor

Re: What Are Dishes That Work In Colder Weather For You?

@ECBG wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

Texas chili

Beef stew/pot roast

Chicken pot pie

Tomorrow I'm making a cottage pie.  

@Bridgegal What is a "cottage pie" please?

It is a shepards pie made with ground beef instead of lamb.  

Honored Contributor

@who wrote:

could I please have your dumpling recipe 

@who 

Esteemed Contributor

When cool/cold weather hits, I'm in the mood for soups.  Otherwise, I pretty much eat the same things I normally do in the warmer months.  My go to soup is Southwest Chicken Tortilla. Other favorites are Beef vegetable w/ either Barley or Quinoa, Chili, Potato and another one that I haven't made in a couple of years....sausage tortellini soup.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I made the Noodle Bake a few days ago.  DH loved it, he said "This sure is better than that Marie Calendar stuff you bought."  He was referring to a frozen lasagna from Marie Calendar we had a few weeks ago.  Theirs has dropped considerably in quality, the noodles were double thick.  The Noodle Bake makes three meals for us or two if we really indulge.  It will be enjoyed frequently.  

Esteemed Contributor

I made ham & beans today - one of hubby's favorites. I buy a large jar of Randall's northern beans, a ham hock or large piece of ham, dice an onion, several stalks of celery and carrots and let it slow cook in the crock pot. Add some cornbread and it's a delicious and easy cold weather meal.