Respected Contributor

Re: Wha's Cooking for this start of another decade - 2020

Very cold and windy here with a little snow.Made a roast beef with potatoes and carrots/onions,also a salad.

Respected Contributor

Wet and cold here in sunny?????? Sou Cal. Grrr.

Got my new dryer and it is sitting in the carport. After assuring I had all I needed I had to run back to get one small item at Home Depot. Not happy. It did not get installed and now it will not be until next Wednesday - suppose to have been yesterday,. Well it arrived yesterday but they would not install it. Their error as it is a free installation but I still have to wait until next week to use it. Not at all happy. Oh well

Respected Contributor

I made quesadilla's tonight.Yummy.

We are supposed to get freezing rain tonight and tomorrow.Hope not.

Have a great week-end all and good eating!!

Respected Contributor

Well I had fried cabbage and cornbread for the third time in a row for dinner. Cooked it fresh night before last, then had some last night then finished it up tonight. Sure was good - Love my fried veggies. Now having said that I will probably fix some "orange" chicken with veggies tomorrow night. Weather not great but not horrible but sure wish Spring would hurry up.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

BBQ pork ribs, baked beans and cole slaw for our supper tonight.   

Trucker daughter is making a cherry cheesecake; the easy one from a box mix, one of her favorites.   

Respected Contributor

Have a small pork roast - think I will plop it in the slow cooker. Davey called to ask if he could come here for the three day weekend - told him yes as I had some chores for him to do . He said fine - and he spent the entire three weeks he had off for Christmas here - His attitude has done a major change. He's almost ready for that piece of paper but cannot officially graduate until the end of the school year. But he got back into school on his own and with no help from anyone. I think he understands much better than he use to, the value of graduating. Am proud of him and grateful to the school for letting him back in. Will probably toss "wok" veggies in their alongside a big sweet onion. Easy and healthy.

We had rain last night and it looks really wet outside. No rain is scheduled for today but those statements are not always accurate.

Hope all have a good day.

Respected Contributor

Did not do the pork roast - did a regular roast with all the veggies tossed in. And as usual did mashed potatoes separately. Through the years have gotten where I rarely put potatoes in the slow cooker with anything. Just seem to really like having mashed 'taters. Yummy. It was good and still have some left. Davey and I ate some last night also - fixed it Friday evening.

Got my washer installed and actually did one load and also did one load in the dryer. So the past week plus a few days, new kitchen faucet, repaired copper line under sink, new dryer and new washer. My pocket book is totally empty and not all paid for yet. LOL. Whew - sure hope things breaking and falling apart will stop.

What to eat today - Not real sure but will probably have that Orange chicken I never got around to cooking either.,

Have a good day everyone.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred, I know what you mean, I just replaced my powervent gas hot water heater and water softener.$$$

My 6 qt. crock pot is now making up a big batch of chili, I will freeze some for later on those days I don't feel  like cooking. 

Honored Contributor

Did my batch of weekly sweet potato hash.  Threw in some turmeric this week.  Have pork chops in the pressure cooker and may pop a can of black beans for some shredded pork chili or stew.  Also made some keto pancakes today for a quick grab and go.  

Respected Contributor

Will have leftovers today.Chicken and dumplings and a veggie casserole with potatoes,onions,broccoli,cauliflower,turnips,apple and cheese on top.No cooking,just heating up.It snowed yesterday and this morning,now the sun is out.We got about 6 inches of snow.Happy eating all.