Esteemed Contributor

Re: Well, we did breakfast yesterday, so what's for lunch or dinner on this hot day?

Yesterday's lunch was Japanese hibachi steak, veggies and fried rice, with salad, clear broth and two pieces of sushi. A new place for me: not very good.

Today: had a big b'fast.  Lunch was a chocolate ice cream cone!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Well, we did breakfast yesterday, so what's for lunch or dinner on this hot day?

I am going to make a Potato Soup with Green Chili Peppers.  It doesn't matter to me what the temperature is outside, I always much more prefer a hot dinner; rarely will I have a cold meal for dinner.  

I'm going to top my soup with a plain coconut yogurt from Coconut Collaborative, and steam some asparagus that needs to be used soon.

Respected Contributor

I picked up 2 cheeseburgers from the dollar menu at McDonalds on the way home after my MRI.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo 

Hey girl....pass one over, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

We are having a salad with strawberries, grapes, grilled chicken and crumbled blue cheese and walnuts! Yum.  Well dh will not eat the blue cheese but I will!

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal Cold Mac Salad with Albacore and Bow Tie Macaroni. My recipe and my best friend in the summer.And Lime jello with sliced cabbage and carrot s mixed into it.

Respected Contributor

dd, and dh are gone for 4 days.  i get to eat healthy! yippee. 

blunch (my new word)  was quinoa/kale pilaf with leftover sauted crookneck squash, and little cherry tomatoes from garden.  followed by some homeade zucchini bread spread with some pumpkin butter. delish.

Esteemed Contributor

Lunch for me was Triscuit crackers (Dill, Sea salt and Olive oil) with Provel cheese....I didn't pay any attention to what DH made for himself for lunch...lol!

Respected Contributor

Trader Joe's Cobb salad for us for lunch and I'll probably make a salad and dump a can of good tuna on top for dinner.   Or the other way around.   I'll have iced tea with one and a glass of white wine with the other. Oh, and some crackers

Honored Contributor

I just ate some sausage gravy on a biscuit for breakfast/lunch. YUM!!!

Now I need to make some more to put in the freezer.