Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Well...Its happened I've emptied my freezer & ....

@QVCkitty1 

Me neither🥵🥵🥵

but I made ratatouille for me and tuna salad🙂

I'm not a big lover of meat except a juicy burger or good cooked steak.  Spouse is meat and potato guy -- he will enjoy the stew.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb 

Not today...

Maybe next week if the beach or pool doesn't call me😉

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Can not even envision my freezers being empty.

@Still Raining 

I can't even envision what my "meat" bill will be after reading here about the price increases🤔😳 lol

I will not stock up like I had in January.  That was one time I was glad my freezer & pantries were stocked when the pandemic hit I cooked from what I had on hand.

My food bill has been minimal for months but I'm sure I'll get a shock -- I may go to Costco or Sam's since we joined and check out their prices.

I don't cook "heavy" during the summer - fish, chicken, salads, blt, grill stuff OR out to eat!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Well, you're my hero!  I have three freezers and can't seem to get things down any more than where I can cram a few shallow things in there.  I kind of try but I'm clearly not trying hard enough.

Honored Contributor

My freezer is filled to capacity and it's just me.  I like to have things on hand as I haven't been in a  grocery store since Feb. or March.  I have been using InstaCart, but trying not to place an order weekly--trying for every 10 days to 2 weeks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only time our large upright freezer is empty is when we defrost it.

It's full right now. I finally have some room to add a few things that we have used. I guess beef prices are up so glad we have plenty.

Most is vacuumed sealed with dates on it so I can easily keep rotated. I know what's in it & where it's at. If DH had to get something out he would have to look for it. LOL!!!

Frequent Contributor

Hurricane season is upon us, I now live in an apartment, our apartment complex does not have generators.  Lately with some of these hurricanes, electricity being lost for days, in some areas weeks.   I'd be worried to stock up my freezer with the rise of meat prices.  I do try to keep maybe 2 roasts and a package or 2 of chicken.  Being on a limited budget, can't afford a loss of a packed freezer.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee 

Of course, your situation maybe completely different than mine I'm sure.

My family is up north and the "phase openings" are just getting started.  All of them have full freezers and pantries (plus they have families).  We've been open for a month or so. 

With every state having different shortages,etc. I think there were a few weeks chicken was unavailable.

It's just the 2 of us.  I'm happy with a salad, tuna, breakfast for dinner or just BLT.  He golfs 3 days/week and in the Summer he's not wanting "heavy and hot" foods either -- works for me🙂🙂🙂!!!

Respected Contributor

I'm still looking  for a freezer, no luck on line or even in the stores. If anyone has purchased a freezer recently let me know where you found it. I want the smallest one (2 of us) Plenty of fridges but no freezers.