Esteemed Contributor

Wegmans Tuscan Garlic Bread, Holy Moley!!

DD came home with a 1/2 loaf of Wegmans Tuscan garlic bread.  You can get it sliced or not.  This was sliced.  I toasted a piece for breakfast, yes, I buttered it. Man oh man, that is great stuff. It is light and crispy when toasted.

We love Wegmans. So many choices for everthing.

I would rather have a great bread than any dessert made.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wegmans Tuscan Garlic Bread, Holy Moley!!

I've been buying 6 whole loaves for years...but now at almost $7...have cut back.

Get  it unsliced or thick.  Thin sliced is too thin - comes out like dry cracker when toasted

Yes, have a big freezer to accommodate half doz

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt   I like the thin slices.  Tomorrow for lunch I'm trying a grilled cheese and bacon on it.

All of Wegmans bread are great. Any one we have tried is good.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD came home with a 1/2 loaf of Wegmans Tuscan garlic bread.  You can get it sliced or not.  This was sliced.  I toasted a piece for breakfast, yes, I buttered it. Man oh man, that is great stuff. It is light and crispy when toasted.

We love Wegmans. So many choices for everthing.

I would rather have a great bread than any dessert made.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 , I love their bagels too, when I get to a Wegmans I stock up.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

My mom loves it too. I've never had it but she always says how good it is! 🥖😋

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1   Yes, their bagels are wonderful and I like the selection of their own cream cheese flavors.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter works for Wegmans.  In addition to the regular fresh breads in their bakery section, they have seasonal bread favorites.  They just had Irish Soda Bread and will soon have their "Red, White and Blue Bread" for spring/summer.  When fall rolls around it will be Orange Cranberry bread.   All of their breads are wonderful.  

Update:  I also forgot, they make a Chocolate Cherry bread as well.  (To die for!)

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella   I would love the orange cranberry but DD diesn't like cranberries.  I don't need even a 1/2 for myself, oh my, that would be a bad idea.  I suppose I could freeze it but it would be just me and a great bread alone in the house.  lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@ciao_bella   I would love the orange cranberry but DD diesn't like cranberries.  I don't need even a 1/2 for myself, oh my, that would be a bad idea.  I suppose I could freeze it but it would be just me and a great bread alone in the house.  lol

Orange Cranberry is my favorite bread as well.  They do freeze well, so treat yourself to some in the fall.. Also, I forgot to mention they also have a 'Chocolate Cherry' bread they make  That bread is delicious too. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella   Starbucks make a cranberry Bliss Bar around Christmas.  It is wonderful. Don't like their coffee that bar is great.

DD is under orders to bring me 1, and only 1, when she goes there during the holidays.