Respected Contributor

Re: We just aren't eating salads lately.

An often overlooked way of getting in some veggies is salsa. Walmart, believe it or not, makes wickedly good black bean and corn salsa. If you don't like pre-jarred you can always make your own, and you can throw in things such as zucchini, onions, peppers, etc along with the tomatoes.

Honored Contributor

I make a simple, fast soup to get my veggies. I use a large can of V-8 juice as a base. Simmer it with the seasonings you like (I like some Worcestershire Sauce) and a large bag of frozen soup veggies. I don't add any salt. After about an hour, I add about 2 cups of shredded cabbage and cook until it's soft. I eat this both hot and cold for lunch, dinner or as a snack. Easy to take to work. Vary the veggies to suit your taste.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

As everyone said, soup, or veggies steamed or stir-fried or even nuked are just fine. I get lazy making them in winter. I sometimes splurge and hit the supermarket salad bar. Easy to throw a salad with lot's of variety together, no excuses. Or get the bagged salad, and throw in some tomatoes, etc.

Respected Contributor

Here is the bitter cold northeast I find I am eating very little salad in the cold winter months. I do have a small salad once a day but in summer I eat dinner salads, can live on a great salad instead of another meal but when it is so cold and the ingredients just aren't the same I just don't seem to crave or want them much, one small one a day and that's it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all the posters who gave such great ideas! I appreciate that and will definitely consider some of the other ways to get our veggies down. Yes when it gets cold, sometimes a cold salad (many we love) just seems to add to the cold. Good ideas for new ways to get those into other areas that we've just never tried. I know we need the vitamins and prefer to do it with food instead of vitamin pills that sometimes don't digest for me. So again, I appreciate other ideas from the helpful posters.