Esteemed Contributor

We have a new Thai Restaurant opening up soon. What is your favorite Thai dish?

I have never eaten Thai food.  I hear it is good.  What is your favorite to order?

Honored Contributor

Re: We have a new Thai Restaurant opening up soon. What is your favorite Thai dish?

I guess most of the oriential dishes I have had, have been Thai, we have a couple in my city, and I really like them.  Some of their dishes can be very spicy, so be sure to ask if it doesn't say so.  One of the restaurants here is called Lek's and they have the best spring rolls with peanut sauce with is wonderful!

Trusted Contributor

Re: We have a new Thai Restaurant opening up soon. What is your favorite Thai dish?

My favorite is a seafood dish.  Various seafoods, vegetables, vegetable spring rolls, and herbs/spices are wrapped in banana leaves and steamed.  Other favorites include pad thai with shrimp or chicken, curries, fish cakes, and various chicken dishes.  Some Thai restaurants will allow you to choose your level of hot pepper in the food.  

Some of the flavors you will find include lemongrass, chili peppers, basil (not typically that found in Italian foods), coriander, cinnanmon, star anise, kaffir limes, coconut, curry powder, and many others.  Bon appetit! 

Trusted Contributor

I meant to list the spring rolls as a separate item and not a part of the steamed seafood and vegetable dish. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

My favorites are the curries; pumpkin curry, avocado curry, and pineapple, specifically.

Respected Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I have never eaten Thai food.  I hear it is good.  What is your favorite to order?

Depends on the restaurant.   There's a big variety from one to the next.   My friend and I will often order a bunch of appetizers for lunch.   Lettuce wraps, spring rolls, fried wontons, and anything else they might have and share.   Anything with peanut sauce is good.

I like schezewan stuff but never get it when sharing, no one will eat too hot of food.   I'm also partial to coconut dishes.

Is it a chain?  The servers will usually tell you what's their specialty.

One of my favorite PF Changs dishes.   I'll make my own if it's too long in between visits.

walnet melon shrimp

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Shrimp Panang Curry-

Respected Contributor

Hands down, my favorite dish is yellow curry chicken.  The sauce is beyond delicious😋

Esteemed Contributor

I love Thai food so much, I make it at least once a week.

My favorite dishes to make or order:

Basil Chicken

Curry

Pad Thai

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Pineapple fried rice is a good dish to share.