Honored Contributor

Re: We Got A New Type Of Grill!

@Sooner Ahhhhhh.....Thank you my friend.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG Traegers weren't available locally when we bought the egg and now I have NO more room on the patio!

However, I will admit I do have Traeger envy!  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG Traegers weren't available locally when we bought the egg and now I have NO more room on the patio!

@Sooner Come on over!  Pie for dessert!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG OHHHHhh!   Ribs AND pie!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG OHHHHhh!   Ribs AND pie!  Woman LOL

@Sooner DH does THE best baby back ribs ever!  I get them from Sams, they almost have a loin attached.  He puts them in the oven, ultra low until the fat drips off then chars them on the grill with Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce and bourbon.  On the deck we can see the mountain surround us since we are in a cove.  Sometimes we get to see the hawk use the driveway as a landing strip!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG SO are you going to smoke ribs in the Traeger?  We slow smoke ours at 225 for about 3 and up hours depending on how big they are.  We also skin the membrane off the back before we cook.  

We might wrap them in foil if they look a little too done before they are done.  On my word they are good!  

My friends who compete will never turn in ribs that fall off the bone for competition.  They want them done just so that you have to "tug" a little to get them to come off the bone clean but be tender. They will still have just a little chew.   It's an art.  Not how most people want ribs, but fun to try for that experience.  It's hard to find a bad rib if they are done in my book. LOL!!!

I'll bet with your new pellet burner ribs will never see the oven again!  Well, maybe to reheat!Woman Very Happy